Chapter 23

Nicolas felt like Serephina and Adelis had both made up. He could call it a sort of gut feeling, but truly he knew it was more of something being sorta...obvious.

Serephina and Adelis laughed throughout the entire car ride, joking about silly stuff—which were mostly about him. They sure like to insult his ego. And remind him that his jokes weren't anywhere near good. 

Nicolas tried, for the love tried not to think worry about it. But the thought just woudln't go away. 

Now he couldn't help but look at Adelis and wonder if she felt something for him. If there had been some kind of sign he hadn't noticed.

Because what exactly did Serephina mean by him being the sudden problem between them? Only one thing could come between two women and that was a man.

And surely he was that man.

Could I truly be that blind?

But if Adelis did...what did that mean? Nicolas didn't feel anything towards her, and he shouldn't. He had a girlfriend and future fiancé, the one who was sitting right next to her. So why would he consider having feelings for someone else besides those two he mentioned..?

You can't control who you like.  His mother had once uttered those words to him the day she came clean about cheating on his father. He sure as hell would try. He couldn't bare to hurt Serephina anymore that he had. And he couldn't destroy the one thing she had gotten out of this bond.

"You were quite quiet on the car ride. Are you okay?" Serephina asked, as she closed the car's door. They had arrived at a packed, bellowing parking. The cheerleaders were waiting outside practicing their chants, throwing excited looks in their way. Nicolas knew that the cheersquad were the blood-bond's biggest supporters in the Academy. Something that bothered Serephina very very much. 

"Yeah, and you're pale, Nicolas," Adelis added reaching to touch his forehead.
Nicolas jumped back, pushing away her hand. "Don't!" 

Adelis drew back, casting a worried look at Serephina. 

Serephina blanched, humiliated."I'm so sorry, Adelis. I...should told you! Touching a players forehead is bad luck." 

Adelis raised a brow, confused. "It is?" 

Nicolas decided this was the best time to jump in. "Yes! Um...it causes us players hallucinations."
"Hallucinations? Thats weird—why?" 

Nicolas' hands began to sweat. "No idea. It's something rare that always happens to a player who forehead gets touched. That's why we wear helmets." 

"I thought that was for protecting the head."Serephina held back a laugh. Nicolas flushed. "Yeah that too." 

Serephina patted Nicolas on the shoulder. "Good luck, don't break any bones." 

"If I do will you heal me?" He couldn't stop the words. 

Serephina halted, turning with a brow raised. "I'm blood-bonded to you. I don't think that means I can heal you. But if you were referring to me taking care of you then—no." She offered him a wry smile. "That's why we have servants." 

Nicolas snorted, leave it to Serephina to leave her Rumion in hands of another woman. Yet he couldn't help himself as he looked after her, following her silhouette until it disappeared into the crowd. He heard more than felt his heart flutter. There's nothing to worry about...right? Casting a side glance at Adelis, he swore to the gods to have pity on him.

                                  ***

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I was editing some stories, and writing new ones, which I hope soon sharing with you guys. This chapter wasn't that long, but by tomorrow I'll probably post another one to make up for lost time. 

Anyways, Nicolas is very confused with all of Serephina's emotions and his mind has lead to this conclusion. Vote if you think Nicolas isn't wrong to assume this so called "crush" and leave a comment to let me know what you think! 

Thank you for reading and for all who have continued with me on this writing journey <3