3.

Caroline

Ashlyn pulled me along the dusty road, "it's only for five mintues so that we can work out the details for our english project! I promise we'll leave right after!" she pleaded. I sighed, "fine, but only a couple of minutes, I don't want their grubby, dirty hands anywhere near me or my clothes. Not since they broke my favourite shoe and tripped me up giving me a fat bruise on my knee."

She grinned, hugging me, "Thanks Care!", frowning I followed her into the dusty lot they called a baseball feild, their mouths dropped open when we came in, Rodriguez smirked, "well, well, well look who we have here boys, the malibu barbie herself."

I rolled my eyes, "shut up you baseball nerd, I'm not here by choice, I'm here because Kenny and Ashlyn have a project they need to work on and Ash forgot to work out the timings with him, I'm not staying here a second more than I have to!"

Benny made a mocking face, "sorry Caroline, we didnt mean to take time out of your busy day, I'm sure Benedict Lopez and shopping are much more important than your friends grades."

I glared at him, "real funny Rodriguez, at least my free time consists of more things than hitting a ball and then running around for squares on the ground in a musty ex-junkyard."

He snorted, "at least I can remeber a couple facts in history other than where the stiletto was made."

I rolled my eyes, "remind me again who gets the better test scores in all of our subjects."

He smirked, "remind me again, who needs tutoring in history and whose teacher thinks she's stupid?"

Dickhead, honestly! I thought walking away and over to Ash and Kenny, "So?" I asked rocking back and forth on the ball of my feet, "what's the verdict, when can we go?" Ashlyn made and apologetic face and I already knew what was coimg, "we decided to get a headstart and do some of it here."

I groaned, "Ashlynnnnnn! I don't want to spend the rest of my day here!"
"It's only to get the base of it down ok? besides you can always have one of your tutoring sessions now then you do t have to do it later." she replied tying to hold back a laugh.

I shook my head, "I don't even have my history books with me, it's fine I'll just watch them play." I muttered sitting down on the edge of the table they were working on, I watched intently as they started to play, even though in my opinion they were all idiots I had to say they made it look so effortless it was hard not to be drawn to them. 

I turned my attention to Benny, although I would never say it to his face he was undoubteldly the best player on the team, he knew exactly where to swing and was in control of the direction of the ball no matter how it was pitched. I snapped out of it when I saw a blonde boy walk in through the bushes and watch the other boys, his eyes turned to me breifly and he offered a small wave I smiled and waved back, he seemed nice enough. 

I watched as Benny hit another ball and it flew straight for the boy, he reached up to catch it walking back until he stumbled and it fell on the ground behind him, the sandlot boys burst out laughing. I rolled my eyes at them and turned back to the boy who was walking over to the ball whispering to himself, when he got it he turned to the others a determined expression on his face. I watched crossing my fingers and praying that he could throw better than he could catch, he lifted his arm and then chukced ball fowards. 

I winced when it landed two meters away of him, they burst into another fit of laughter as he ran away looking mortified, I sighed, it was so clear they'd be horrid about it. I turned to Ashlyn who had an annoyed look on her face as she watched Kenny laughing. We shared an annoyed look, "what as that for?" I asked Kenny accusingly. 

He made a face, "he was awful, how did you not laugh?" 

"That poor kid looked horrified and the fact that you just laughed in his face was majorly un cool of you, he was obviously hoping he could play with you guys but you acted like a bunch of jerks and now he's probably totally embarrassed!" I argued. 

He shook his head standing up, "lighten up Caroline, we dont have time to teach babies how to play, ok?" he patted me on the shoulder brushing me off before walking away to the other boys. "I'll see you on Monday for the project right Ash?" he called over her shoulder. 

She gave him a thumbs up and packed her bag, I shot him a glare, "since when does he call you Ash?" 

She shrugged, "I dont know why?" 

I shook my head, "no reason."