29.

Caroline. 

I was usually the first one awake but because I'd been so nauseous after our flight yesterday I'd ended up stayin up until one in front of the toilet bowl and therefore also sleeping in late. Rosita came to wake me telling me to get ready to leave for the match in one hour. The weather here was a lot colder than in the Valley. 

I opened my cuoboard scrounging around for something to wear, I pulled out a navy blue dress, navy blue cardigan, skin colour tights and black boots. I grabbed my hair straightener and did my hair quickly getting rid of the humidity waves I usually had when we were in California. Once I'd done that I did my make up in the bathroom quickly making sure to keep it relatively natural looking. As a finishing touch I grabbed my yankees cap and walked out to where the others were waiting. Rosita shot me an approving nod, "perfecta mija." 

I grinned grabbing a two of the french toast's that the cheff had made thanking him quickly. My father no doubt was already at the stadium prepping with his team. Benny walked out a moment later, "is this okay?" He asked gesturing to what he was wearing. 

It was more than okay. He looked really good and it made me want to kill myself, as hard as I tried to stop liking him he always inadvertantly found away to make sure that that didn't happen. He was wearing a light blue shirt and trousers a navy jumper looped around his shoulders. I had never seen him dress like that before, because normally he wore his dusty baseball rags but this suited him a lot better. 

I nodded quickly choking on a piece of toast that had gotten stuck in my throat, "that's fine." 

"You look nice by the way." he told me grabbing the last pieces of toast from the chef.

I rolled my eyes, "you don't have to say that my father already left he can't hear you." 

"I know." Benny answered sitting down next to me. 

Just stop talking, I thought turning back to my toast, it was ahrd enough as it was I didn't need him complimenting me for the hell of it. That completely threw me off my game. We got into the ar waiting for us down stairs before it dropped us off at the staduim where two realtively burly looking security guards were waiting. "Miss Baker, your Dad wanted us to escort you to your seat."

The crowd got a bit rough sometimes since a lot of the pregamed the games so sometimes it was better that way. Especially when one hundred pound men were shoving eachother out of the way and you got caught in the crossfire. We followed him down the stairs to the little box area at the front where they unklinked the chain  and let us in. Techinally the real VIP boxes were up top so you had a better view of the game but my father had had one made at the front and I preffered to sit there. 

I wolf whistled to get my father's attention waving as he turned to see me, he broke away from his team jogging over to us. "Finally made it did you?" He asked grinning. 

I grinned back, "relax Daddy, we have thirty minutes to spare before it begins, how's the team looking?" I asked waving back as they players turned to say hello quickly. 

He nodded, "it's one of the first games of the season, they're pumped and all in great shape. I've had monty drilling them these last couple months to get them ready for this." 

I winked at him, "good luck, although I doubt you'll need it." 

He winked back, "that's the spirit."

Although I wasn't always a huge baseball advocate I loved going to the games, it was always such a goot atmosphere plus I could tell how much my father loved it and for all his fancy cars and suits and  he was still a baseball nerd at the end of the day. Like Benny actually. 

"Enjoying yourself?" I asked amused as I switched my attention back to Benny.

He grinned, "are you kidding? This is the coolest I've done all year." 

"Well don't get too exited I have a lot planned for us tonight and if the Yankees win like I hope they will and the after party starts we are going to have even more fun, my father will be in a great mood which means that we can do whatever we want. Plus you get to meet all of the coolest players ever." I told him watching as they went back into the locker room to get ready. 

"Do you know all of them?" Benny asked. 

I nodded, "since I was born basically, they're great guys, one of them even used to be my babysitter." 

"Now your pulling on my leg." He replied shaking his head. 

"I'm serious, Al the last one to go in the locker room he used to be my babysitter." I exclaimed."Make sure to smile a lot because the reporters just arrived and you don;t want to be the idiot who looks like he's pissed while sitting in the specially made VIP box at the first game of the season." 

Benny nodded quickly, "that's a good point actually. Are we going to be in the newspaper or something or why are they taking pictures?" 

I shrugged, "possibly, I don't come down here too often, unless it's the summer so they like to take pictures and make cute headlines, for example 'like father like daughter' or something. Last time there was an atrocious picture of me shouting foul ball at the top of my lungs and then they cut it and put it next to a picture of my father doing the same thing. I looked ridiculous, but they had a point we looked quite similar in those photos. Plus they use me to try and get more young girls to watch so that the games have a wider audience."

Benny laughed, "that sounds like something you would do." 

"As if you wouldn't do the same." I defended. 

"Yeah but I'm a baseball nerd and you are someone who claims to find it a boring sport." He pointed out shoving me lightly. 

"Oh shut bridge troll." I told him smiling to myself. 

"I really don't like that nickname." he muttered shaking his head. 

I smirked, "welcome to my world."