Ch.17 Jealousy

Previously;

"Remy is a fine man. You did a great job raising him even if you were really young." The words had came out of Genevieve's' mouth before she had time to really think about what she said. Although they were in fact true; Caroline was forty two and Remy twenty eight.

"Thank you sweetheart. You should probably go see Remy before he comes back here, thinking I'm keeping you hostage." Caroline laughed at the end, her blue eyes tiered from all the stress.

Genevieve smiled, knowing it was partially true. With a small wave goodbye, she made her way out of the room and down to where Mary Jane was being treated.

Not proof read!!

Genevieve continued to walk down the white hallways that smelt too much like antiseptic solutions. The linoleum floors of the hospital were so shiny, Gen could almost see her reflection in them. Every few feet she would see disinfectant dispensers attached to the walls. The hospital was definitely on track with their hygiene care.

Genevieve stepped into the crowded elevator, barely making it in, before the two metal doors closed and the elevator went down to the pediatrics floor. Gen stepped out of the elevator, taking a needed breath, the twenty four year old was slightly claustrophobic.

The pediatrics floor was colorful with animal paintings on the walls, almost familiar to the one back in Miami. Genevieve spotted Remy, leaning on the pale pink wall that resembled cotton candy. It was hard for anyone to over see him, with his tall 6'8 height and his currently angry features.

Genevieve rushed over to him, worried that MJ's condition was worse than they had both thought.

"What happened? Where's MJ?" Genevieve couldn't contain her worry for the little girl. She stepped closer to Remy, who's eyes softened when he spotted Gen.

"She's in surgery right now. Her left leg is broken in two different spots." Remy explained, wrapping a arm around his mate.

"When did she go into surgery?" Gen asked, as they moved to the waiting area.

"They were taking her into surgery when I got here. Julian approved of the operation before he left. The nurse said for us not worry, it's a simple procedure."

Even though it was simple, Remy was still worried. Mary Jane hated hospitals and Remy hated them with her.

The couple sat in the waiting room, a few other parents with their children occupying the large room too.

Genevieve shyly kissed Remys' cheek quickly, afterwards watching the small children play with blocks. Gen was still new to the whole idea of PDA (public displays of affection), but it was nice to know that Remy wasn't ashamed or embarrassed of her.

Next to Remy sat an older lady, with a baby girl on her lap. The small baby gazed at Remy with curious green eyes and a toothless smile.

Remy returned the smile, remembering when Mary Jane had been so tiny, a small bundle of joy.

The baby reached out and grabbed Remys' finger, pulling on it and giggling. The little girls mother was oblivious to the whole interaction going on between them.

Remy loved children but he would never want any of his own. He wouldn't want any child to experience a childhood like he had. The constant teasing and name calling for being different was the worse time of his life. Remy hated being different from everybody else, he was always the odd one out.

Caroline tried to understand what he was going through but the truth was that nobody would ever understand how hard it was for him as a child. Hell, it was still a challenge now trying to fit in with a family of humans.