Ch.25 Blushing Bride

!!A picture of Levi!!
***Unedited***

"You guys did the dirty!" Luke accused his best friend as she took the seat to his left.

Genevieve's face heated within seconds. "Shut up!" She barked at him, although she couldn't hide the huge smile on her face. "We didn't ... do the dirty."

"Vie, I can smell him on you. And it would at least explain why it took you two hours to come down." Luke smirked, his twinkling blue eyes hidden from his dark sunglasses.

"I don't smell." Genevieve denied, after secretly taking a small sniff at the collar of her t-shirt.

"Heightened sense of smell." Luke tapped his nose once, afterwards glancing at his best friends neck for a mating bite or a claim.

"Luke, we didn't have sex." Genevieve swatted his hand away, as he tried to pull the collar of her shirt to the side.

"Maybe not sex but something close." Luke smiled at his best friend.

Genevieve didn't respond but Luke didn't need an answer.

Genevieve was smiling so much, he had never seen her this happy and he knew Remy was the cause. He was happy for his best friend. It was time that she experienced real happiness and love from someone other than her family members.

"When do you fly back home?" Genevieve switched the subject, while leaning back in the pool lounge chair.

"Trying to get rid of me already?" Luke chuckled, enjoying the sun beaming down on them.

Genevieve shook her head lightly. She liked having her best friend around even if it was just for a short period of time. They hadn't done much over the week but lounge in the hotel. Almost like now, as they relaxed at the pool side.

"I leave around noon tomorrow." Luke informed her, holding her hand and giving it a soft squeeze.

Genevieve trained her dark brown eyes on him, a frown on her face. "You can't stay a few more days?"

Luke leaned over his seat and planted a chaste kiss on her cheek. "I'd love to ... but I can't, I've got to work."

"Oh..." Genevieve nodded understandingly, intertwining their fingers.

Luke couldn't stand seeing his best friend sad. Genevieve was the little sister he never had. He'd do anything to make her happy, just like twenty years ago when they became toddler friends.

"Don't be sad Gen-bear." Luke smiled at her. "I'll come visit again. I'll find the time between working and pack business and then we can do some fun stuff together on this island."

Genevieve's lips twitched into a small smile. "I wish Remy and I could come visit, that way you wouldn't have to spend your money on flying back and forth just to come see me."

Luke nodded, he was aware of the whole Remy situation down in Miami. "I don't mind though Vie."

"Yeah, but still. Do you think maybe you could ask your dad to reconsider letting Remy on Red Moon territory?"

"I'll ask but I can't make any promises." Luke replied. "Where's Remy anyways?"

Genevieve blushed and looked away fast, her brown cheeks flushing a small tint of pink. "...He went home."

"You're blushing Vie." Luke chuckled, taking a sip of his iced tea. "I'm surprised he let you stay behind with me."

"Y-yeah, he's actually waiting at home for me. He wants to take me out tonight for dinner." Genevieve admitted with a sheepish smile on her face.