Ch.5 Pale Skin

First off thanks so much for reading, voting and commenting! I hope you do the same for this chapter!

A picture of Dean, Luke's brother.

***

"I love you, Genevieve Hope Van Acker." My smile widened when he spoke my full name. His light blue eyes portrayed sadness, as did the small frown on his boyish face. I wrapped my short arms around his neck, pulling him in to a hug.

"I love you too, Luke Jaylon Hall. You'll always be my first best friend, no matter where I am!" I whispered against his chest, hugging him tighter. It was true, nobody could ever replace Luke. He was my best friend and I hoped it would always stay that way. Lean arms wrapped around me, his large hand on my back, moving up in down in a comforting hug.

Though soon his hands disappeared from my body just as his arms and everything else that was in contact with my body. Luke knelt on the ground holding his left wrist in his hand, groaning in pain. I was confused at first, to what just happened as was Luke, who was looking around, still holding his wrist.

Suddenly it clicked. I spun my head in the direction of my black SUV, parked just a few feet away. There stood a smirking Remy, leaning against the car with folded arms, watching us. His smirk was drool worthy while his body practically called out for me. Dressed all in black with dark shades over his stormy grey eyes, he was looking better than the nutella brownies I had two days ago. Don't even ask how many I managed to eat.

I quickly wiped whatever face expression I had on my face off, to replace it with a questioning one. Remy gave a small shrug with his broad shoulders, adding a innocent smile. I admit, his whole innocent act was cute but useless. All three of us knew, that he used his hybrid powers to remove Luke's hands. I hoped Remy wasn't the over possessive and jealous-for-no-reason type of guy. It was very common in the werewolf community, especially for alphas. Most she-wolves thought of it as cute and sweet, yet I thought it must be annoying and tiring.

"Are you sure you'll be fine and in good hands with ... him?" Luke opened his mouth, eyeing Remy with horrid eyes. "You didn't forget he is the hybrid, right?"

"No I didn't, Luke. And I'll be perfectly fine with him." I replied, holding my hand out for Luke to take, who still knelt on the rocky ground. I didn't forget Remy was the highly known hybrid and I don't think I ever would forget. I was scared of Remy and of what he was capable of, yet he deserved a chance in my eyes. And so far, he hadn't done anything physically nor emotionally to me, for me not to give him the benefit of the doubt. But that didn't mean I would be ignoring all my questions to spare his feelings about his past.

"I guess this is goodbye then?" Luke ignored my out stretched hand and pulled himself off the ground, afterwards patting off the dirt from his dark jeans.

I sighed with a bit of frustration. "Not goodbye, more like I'll see you later."

It wasn't goodbye. I would see them again, meaning Luke and my dads. I'd definitely be back for Christmas, which was in six months. I guess it was harder for Luke to understand, sense we grew up together and were constantly around one another. And when he heard about Remy being my soul mate, he thought I was crazy for doing this, though he did say he would do the same for his mate.

"I hope everything we've heard about him isin't true." Luke said looking from my face to Remy, who still lent against the car, watching us.

"Me too, Luke. Me too." I confessed with a weak smile. "I'll call you, alright?"

"I'll answer." Luke chuckled, before crossing back over to Red Moon territory. I watched my best friend shift into his cinnamon brown wolf, who might I add was beautiful before he trotted off into the forest.

I took a deep breath in through my nose, holding it for a second before letting it slowly out of my mouth. This is it. This is what I choose and this is what I want. I turned around and made my way to the car. After closing the door, and hearing Remy's shut, I turn to my side, looking at Remy.

"You shouldn't use your powers to bring hurt on others." I told him truthfully, searching his face for any emotion.

"It was a little warning for the pup, yet I won't do it again if that is what you wish." Remy clarified, taking my hand in his. His hands were rough and manly, the complete opposite of mine. The contrast between our skins was nice and a change. Remy was pale, the typical color of vampires, while I was a chocolate brown shade. I wasn't not use to the white race, I just wasn't use to the very pale complexion of Remy. Werewolves were more tan, almost like Jacob from twilight.

"I'd appreciate it." I smiled. I couldn't really sense his emotions when he wore those sunglasses. I raised my hand to his face before pulling the off, careful not to poke his eyeball out in the process.

My face was now inches from his, our breaths mingling together. Remy's grey eyes flashed a glowing blue as he smiled leaning closer. I looked from his mesmerizing eyes to his plump pink lips. Our lips barely grazed eachother before I quickly turned my head to the side, resulting in his lips landing on my cheek.

"We shouldn't ..." I stated leaning back into my seat. I didn't want this to be based off of lust and attraction. I was still a human girl, who wanted to fall in love and not just feel love because of a supernatural bond.

"Your right, I'm sorry. This is new for me too." Remy smiled, kissing the back of my hand. "I'll take you out on a date after you've settled in. And then we can see if everything you've heard about the hybrid is true." Remy had a boyish smirk on his face as he referred to what Luke had said.

My life officially would never be the same.

***

Ugh! I love Remy already!

Anyways this is the fifth chapter. I'm so happy with how the story is progressing. You guys are amazing and I love to read comments and see votes or new followers. I hope you show the same love to this chapter as you did for the past four.

~Until next time ✌️~