Ch.31 Safe

Remy kissed her temple, a sense of completeness surrounding his heart. Genevieve was worth so much and just overall amazing, and to think she was his soul mate. It was still as mind-blowing as they day he walked into the herb shop that belonged to her fathers. As long as Remy had Genevieve snuggled in his arms every night, he knew that nothing would come between them.

***UNEDITED + FLASHBACKS***

The sunlight casted a warm glow over the couple, the cool morning breeze drifting through the slightly opened window, the faint smell of salt water lingering in the air. The sound of waves crashing on the beach could be heard in the distance.

Remy turned the page of the science fiction book he was reading, his eyes flew over the words with speed, his brows pinched in concentration. He continued to read as his mate slept next to him, her arms wrapped around Remy's cold chest.

The heat difference between them had been something Genevieve had to get used to at first. Yet, now she laid cuddled up to his inhumanly cold body, as if it were the most normal thing about Remy.

The last few days they had spent in bed, making love, cuddling, talking, and even playing under the covers. Genevieve had never experienced Remy so romantic, carefree and playful. It was as if the Oahu Island, was there own personal island. Nothing mattered there besides them.

Genevieve had also noted that, Remy's sexual stamina was out of this world. He could go on forever and ever. Genevieve wondered if it had something to do with the supernatural side of him, or if it was just Remy. Although, Genevieve wasn't complaining. Remy was absolutely perfect, when making love to Gen. He was caring and gentle, he always made sure that Genevieve felt comfortable, that she was reaching her release (which she did multiple times).

..

Remy's ears perked up when he heard the doggy door lock from the inside. Soon after he heard Beau trotting around the first floor of the vacation house. Remy glanced at Genevieve, who continued to sleep peacefully, afterwards putting his book down and getting out of bed. Remy pulled on his black sweat pants and the matching sleeveless hoodie to go with it. He sat on the edge of the bed, as he pulled on his black nikes.

After kissing Genevieve's forehead, Remy walked out of the master bedroom and downstairs towards the albino Doberman. Beau waited patiently by the door, his light blue eyes landing on Remy as he jogged down the stairs.

"Ready, Beau?" Remy connected the leather leash to the collar around Beau's neck.

Beau barked happily, his tail wagging from left to right.

"Shhh." Remy quieted the large dog down. He stepped out the door with Beau, afterwards locking the door behind him.

Remy set off in to a light jog, Beau trotting beside him. Once they reached the beach, both set off into full sprint. Remy made sure to keep his speed in check, as to not rise suspicion if anyone happen to see them.

Meanwhile Genevieve had woken up, a faint smile on her lips as she remembered the night before.

Genevieve blushed as she remembered the way Remy had touched her, made love to her. The last few days had been the best days of her life. Remy was the only man that could ever make her this happy, the only man that would ever make her this happy.

Genevieve had come to the conclusion that Remy was out with Beau. The dog had gladly taken a spot out in the backyard over the week, but Remy still insisted on taking Beau for a jog.

Gen wrapped the cotton sheet around her naked body and walked into the bathroom, a slight limp in her walk. She was a little sore, but it made her happy for some reason. It was as if the soreness was a reminder of what they had done. Genevieve would never regret leaving Miami with Remy all those months ago. It was the best disicion she had made, in her twenty four years of life.