Dinner With May (H)/(A)

A/N: Hey, Spidey fans! Another oneshot full of pointless fluff and funny stuff (that rhymes! 😃). This has more clues pointing towards MCU Peter and May than Tasm (although I do mention branzino), but you can really read it as either one. I love both the MCU and Tasm, so I guess I just couldn't decide on which universe this is set in. 😅 Let's say neither...but both. 🤪 I think this is kind of what people wanted for Adorable, so if you read that one, please read this too. 😊 Please comment any ideas or suggestions, and if you're enjoying this, you'll probably also like my other fic, "Gwen Stacy is Boy Crazy". Also, please follow me so you know when I update a story (just thought I'd throw that in there). 😁

Disclaimer: You know the drill, nothing belongs to me except what does. 🙃

Warning: Literally two swear words and that's it. I swear. 😂

"Hi, honey. How was school? Oh and how's Mr. Delmar?"

"Great and great. And, um, you know how you said you wanted to invite Gwen over for dinner today? I got her." Peter stood in front of his aunt as she high five him and cheered silently.

"Hey, Mrs. Parker," Gwen said as she waved shyly at her.

"Hi, Sweetheart! Also please, call me May. We've known each other for like two and a half years," she said with a warm smile. "Besides, it makes me feel old."

"Yeah, my mom completely understands," Gwen said, making everyone laugh.

"So, should I make some meatloaf?" May asked. Peter mouthed "no" over and over and gestured wildly behind May.

"Um, no?" Gwen shrugged, watching Peter with a confused look.

"Peter!" May exclaimed as she turned to face Peter and shoot him an evil stare, but he was already grinning innocently. "Don't listen to him dear, my meatloaf is..."

"Can't say anything good about it, huh May?" he chuckled.

"Fine, let's just get Chinese, yeah?" she finally caved in.

"Hell yeah!" Peter shouted, earning another glare from May.

"Language!" May and Gwen both ordered at the same time, then burst out laughing.

"The women in my life," Peter joked, shaking his head in fake disappointment.

"Just go get the food, Parker," Gwen demanded, and May gave her an approving nod.

Peter silently left the room while Gwen and May continued to giggle.

...

"No, I'm one hundred percent sure you said it in first grade.'

"No, it was in second grade because we'd already talked about it," Peter argues.

"Wait, you guys talked about Peter's crush on me?" Gwen asked May, who just nodded and laughed as Peter's face turned the exact same shade of red as his suit. He quickly stuffed more fried rice in his mouth to avoid saying anything he would regret later.

"He was so obsessed with you!" May chuckled.

"Wow," Peter mumbled sarcastically. "Thank you for telling her, May."

"You know it's true," she replied.

"Yeah, but my girlfriend didn't have to," he countered.

"No, I did," Gwen cut in. "I was running out of things to tease you about anyway."

"Why May?" he whined.

"You brought this upon yourself, Peter," Gwen told him.

...

"Well, thank you for having me, May. This has been really fun."

"Oh, yes, I think we all enjoyed it very much!" May exclaimed.

"Yeah, that was great," Peter agreed as he pulled Gwen into a hug and kissed the top of her head, causing her to giggle quietly.

"It was really nice getting to know you dear," May added.

"Oh, you too." Gwen echoed.

"And there was no branzino! It's a win-win," Peter laughed. "You want me to walk you home? It's late."

"You are so damn overprotective," she said, rolling her eyes.

"So...that a yes?" he asked again.

"Yes."

"Good, because we've really gotta talk about some things May said," he said.

"So you didn't have a crush on me in second grade?" she questioned.

"No! Well, yes, but-"

"Ha!"

"No, I didn't. I just thought you were pretty."

"Same thing."

"Fine, if I say I love you, will you shut up?"

"Maybe."

"I love you."

"I love you too, Bugboy."