What Can I Say? (H)

A/N: Okay, everyone, this was totally on me for posting this so late. I swear I had Peter's birthday in my calendar, and I had this whole plan for a multi-chapter fic that I would release today, but I've had a lot going on recently, and it just completely slipped my mind. 😬 Still, enjoy, sorry for it being so short (I wrote it in like 10 minutes), and stay amazing guys!

Disclaimer: I don't own anything.

Warnings: None.

🎉Happy Birthday Peter!!!🎉

Peter never really liked to celebrate his birthday. It just never seemed important amongst all his Spider-Man duties and other responsibilities.

Gwen liked to celebrate though. Much to Peter's dismay, she would always put together a huge party that was (more often than not) way too over the top.

"Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy, promise me you're not gonna do anything for my birthday," Peter had told her.

"I won't! I'm not planning anything, I swear," she said with solemn eyes, but Peter could see a hint of excitement in them that told him otherwise.

He liked to treat it like a normal day usually, but Peter knew something was off the moment he got to his and May's apartment. He hesitantly opened the window to his room and climbed in silently, the lenses on his mask narrowing as he creaked the door open and proceeded to scan the kitchen and living room area.

"May!" he shouted, getting no reply.

He closed his eyes and focused on his tingle (as MJ called it). Peter made his way over to the couch, half expecting some random clown with a knife to pop out from behind like in some low-budget horror movie.

Instead, he was met with many familiar faces.

There was a shout of "surprise" and a yelp that Peter would never admit came out of his mouth.

Michelle, Ned, May, and Gwen all stood in front of him, each holding a cupcake with a lighted candle burning on top.

"My God," Peter mumbled, "I thought I told you not to plan anything, Gwen."

"Oh, did you?" she replied, feigning confusion. "Well, it's a good thing I didn't plan it then. We planned it, Pete."

"Yeah, Gwen pressured me and Ned into it," MJ deadpanned, though the slight smile on her face gave away what she really wanted to say.

Ned scoffed and nudged MJ's arm. "No, she didn't 'pressure us into it,' we just wanted to show we appreciate you, dude."

"Yeah, you deserve a break from all this superhero-ing every once in a while," May commented. "We just really wanted to make this special for you, sweetie."

Peter sighed fondly and made eye contact with Gwen. "You guys are amazing, I don't know what I'd do without you, but you for real didn't have to do this for me."

Gwen glanced at MJ, Ned, and May, and simply shrugged and grinned. "What can I say? We love you, Parker, and we always will."

Michelle smirked and nodded. "Yep, happy birthday, loser."