Anti-Gravity (H) (SG)

A/N: Hey there, Webheads! So this one isn't that long, but I wrote it in like five minutes, so don't judge. 😂 But the title is based off of a song strange-red-rose showed me, so thanks, sis!

Disclaimer: I don't own ANYTHING really...

Warning: Probably a lot of grammar errors. 😅

Inspired by strange-red-rose 's emo music and great ideas (barely follows the prompt honestly, but the prompt IS in there 😆)

Gwen was dying to know who Spider-Man was. It seems like they got their powers around the same time, which made it even more intriguing for her, she had to unravel this mystery. She’d even brought Peter in on it, and together, they tried to find the true identity of the red and blue-wearing hero. Eventually though, things kind of…backfired, she assumed.

Spider-Woman approached Spider-Man one night when she saw him on a rooftop in the line of her usual patrol route. It was almost like he was waiting for her. She crouched next to him on the edge of the building -- it was the Deli Peter always went to after school -- and mumbled a quick greeting.

He nodded at her and gave a slightly awkward wave.

She swore she knew that wave from somewhere, but quickly let that idea go; there was no way anybody Gwen Stacy knew could be a superhero, that was a crazy thought.

They’d gotten to talking, and Gwen had become more and more suspicious that Spidey was someone she recognized, but she couldn’t be quite sure. They had started to patrol together and sometimes, when the crime in the city wasn’t that bothersome, they would just go for joy…swings? Was that the phrase? Anyway, Gwen considered it kind of…romantic at times, which felt wrong, because she was dating Peter, and Peter was the only one who could make blush creep up her cheeks and butterflies flutter in her stomach like that.

One night, they were taking another one of these detours and talking about meaningless things.

“Yeah! And then the dude was like ‘I got ice cream in here.’”

Gwen chuckled. “Let me guess, you didn’t help him?”

“Well, what was I supposed to do? There was a crazy old guy in a bird suit trafficking weapons, and that guy already said I sounded like a girl, so he didn’t deserve it,” Spidey replied, laughing too.

“To be honest, you sound twelve.” Wait…she said that to Peter before, didn’t she?

Spider-Man was quiet for a moment, he glanced over at her before another thwip shot out of his web shooters.

“That wasn’t cool,” he quipped. That was what Peter had said too.

You’re not cool,” she retorted. It was a weak comeback but she couldn’t think of anything better at the moment.

“Love ya too, Gwennie.”

Gwen let out a yelp and completely missed her shot to swing and keep herself from splatting on the street below. Spider-Man -- Peter???? -- tilted his head slightly in both confusion and amusement, shooting another web to latch onto the side of a skyscraper and swoop down to Gwen, scooping her up with one arm and landing safely in an alley nearby.

Right when their feet touched the ground, Gwen shoved him, not causing any harm but getting her point across.

“Parker,” Gwen hissed, poking his chest, “I can’t believe you didn’t tell me! You let me go on a wild goose chase for absolutely no reason, and-”

“Hang on, you didn’t tell me you were Spider-Woman!” Peter fired back.

“Hey, that’s…different.”

“Really? How is that different? We were literally searching for each other’s identities for weeks!” Peter said.

“That was a little dramatic,” Gwen scoffed.

“Says the drama queen,” he responded playfully.

“I hate you,” she murmured, smiling.

She rolled up the bottom of his mask as he did the same to hers, and their lips crashed against each other.

After they pulled away for air, Gwen giggled and whispered, “Bugboy.”

Peter smirked and teased, “Spider-Gwen.”