Some Web Design (A)

A/N: Surprise! I'm not dead! Sorry for the (very) late update. I've just been really busy with school, and I have a choir show coming up, so I've been spending a lot of time preparing for that with my friends after school. This one's short. It's based on a line of dialogue in the Tasm 2 trailer. I wrote half of this a while ago and wrote the last few paragraphs today with no editing, so sorry if it sucks. Anyway, enjoy my horrible old writing. 🤪

Warning: Probably a lot of grammatical errors for you to ignore. 😂

Disclaimer: I don't own anything.

"I still don't get why I have to come."

"Because, Peter, Cindy's been dying to meet you and I have to look at her every day, so you better not ruin this,” Gwen said, glaring at him playfully through her lashes.

“Yeah, yeah. You and all your college friends are-”

“I recommend against finishing that sentence.”

She dragged him down the streets. Peter would always joke that they “smelled too English” for him, but they both knew they loved it.

“Gwen, I really don’t think I need to go to your girly party," he said sarcastically.

"It's not girly, Cindy's bringing her boyfriend too, and I wanna show off. Is that so bad?" she asked with a smirk.

Peter feigned being offended and scoffed dramatically, freezing in his tracks for effect. "Is that all I am to you? Just a boyfriend to show off?"

Gwen just rolled her eyes and stifled a giggle by clearing her throat.

It was quite obvious that Peter was being sarcastic; he loved being shown off. All college guys did in Gwen's eyes.

Once they'd finally gotten into Cindy's apartment and heard the lengthy tale of the broken doorbell, she introduced them to Glory and Miles. Her parties were never huge, so Gwen knew everyone else there from either school or work.

The coffee table in the center of the living room was crowded with an assortment of cookies, cakes, brownies, and donuts, and in the kitchen sat a large array of bagels. Peter wasn't quite sure how they fit this amount of food in such a tiny space, but he didn't complain (especially not about the donuts).

The next twenty minutes was filled with Gwen fawning over him and going on and on about "her perfect genius".

Eventually, they came to the topic of careers.

Peter never really knew what to say when it came to making a living. Part-time photographer was what he'd always say. But then someone would ask why "part-time", and he couldn't exactly say that he made all he needed in four hours a day and used the rest of his time to fight crime in spandex.

"I do some web design," he decided to say. Gwen burst out laughing next to him and shook her head while everyone else just stared at the couple like they'd been merged together by a third head.

Cindy looked baffled by Gwen's sudden outburst, but began snickering along for no apparent reason.

Needless to say, everyone at that party went home still giggling and dreaming of spiders.