New Years Resolutions (H)

A/N: Hey my little nerds!!! Okay, so this is literally just one of my midnight rants, so don't judge (we all do 'em; don't lie). So, yeah, I wrote this in a rush and it says exactly how my weird little mind works. 🤪 It's basically Peter trying to be a better boyfriend, and (of course) he does it in the most Peter Parker way. 😅 I honestly just wrote this because I love awkward and nervous Peter, I think he's adorable. 😊

Disclaimer: Ya know the drill: I don't own stuff, blah, blah, blah. 😜

Warning: Some suggestive language. 😆

It's a new year. A fresh start.

Sure Peter had gone on patrol yesterday…and the day before that…and the day before that. But that doesn't mean he can't start trying to fulfill his New Year resolutions.

He even made a list.

1. Less patrolling

The world doesn't need Spider-Man every day. There were the Avengers…although they didn't seem to be that active lately. There was Doctor Strange…who had barely left the sanctum since the Thanos thing. Whatever.

2. Don't destroy/blow up/web up in random alley/lose backpack

Okay, what was it…Saturday? Well, duh, it's 10am. Gwen was going to come over for that science project.

Sure enough, in a few seconds, there was a knock on the apartment door.

His girlfriend walked through after greeting May and gave him a peck on the cheek. Peter just -- with a shy smile -- led her up to his room. They both pulled out the supplies they needed and began to do research individually, Gwen at his desk and Peter on his bed.

"Why are you so quiet?" Gwen asked eventually, breaking the constant silence. Peter tore his eyes away from his notes and shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm just…thinking," he replied. That wasn't a lie, it just wasn't the whole truth. But he was currently the only one who needed to know what he was thinking about.

Gwen hummed in response and focused back on her laptop screen, but the suspicious expression didn't leave her face.

Peter became engrossed in his thoughts once again and ran through the list.

3. No more Stark Internship
4. More dates
5. No more lying

He wasn't quite sure how he would complete 5 without revealing his identity, but you bet he would do his absolute best. He was sick of making up stupid excuses and making everyone worry and wonder.

"Hey, Gwen," he mumbled softly, "you know that Taylor Swift concert you've been talking about non-stop?"

He saw Gwen's eyes widen as she slowly shifted in her seat to face him.

"Yeah," she said, her voice a hoarse whisper as she awaited his big announcement.

"I couldn't get tickets," he responded, watching her smile fade and blush dust her cheeks. "I'm kidding, of course I got tickets! I had to go through literal hell to do it, but I did."

She grinned uncontrollably and squealed with excitement, her hands balled up onto fists. Peter smiled back as she tackled him and kissed him passionately, muttering "thank you"s every few seconds.

Finally, Gwen collapsed on the bed and giggled almost silently. Peter grabbed his spiral notebook again and shook his head fondly.

After what seemed like hours (but only turned out to be 37 minutes) they had finished their research and therefore their project.

Peter went downstairs to get them both some chips along with May's favorite dip. By the time he got back to his room, Gwen's shirt was already off. And within a few seconds, the snack was forgotten and their clothes littered the floor.

Peter felt guilty. Not about what had happened last night -- he would do that again in a heartbeat -- but he felt bad about his current plight. He realized that there was no way to balance his hero life with his normal one. He couldn't keep lying to Gwen, and that stupid list wouldn't do anything to help.

So that's why he decided to tell her. To tell her about everything. This time, he made a plan, not a list.

His plan seemed flawless. All he had to do was go to the concert, not do anything stupid, and tell her afterwards when she was still drunk with happiness.

A week from that day right before the concert, he had a clear idea of how it would go. Mr. Stark offered to drive them in a limo, and May had been pumping Peter up the entire morning, but, honestly, it just made him more nervous. He hadn't told her of the big reveal since he thought it would add more pressure.

Peter picked Gwen up at her house and gave the usual "beautiful" speech (it wasn't a lie that she was beautiful, but he literally had a notebook at home titled "Romantic Speeches").

Surprisingly, everything went according to plan. May let him borrow her car, and the whole ride there was a debate of whether or not Titanic was the best movie ever created.

Taylor had sung around 1½ songs when Peter's spider sense started to go off. Great.

"Hey, Gwen, I'm so sorry, but…I've gotta go," he said awkwardly. Gwen's face fell and she furrowed her eyebrows, not bothering to ask the unspoken question hanging in the air. "Okay, um, don't panic. Please?"

"What are you talking about, Pete?" Despite the sense of urgency in Peter's voice, Gwen seemed slightly amused.

"Uh, I-I'm Spider-Man," he confessed. It felt…good.

"Oh?" she giggled.

Peter assured her he was telling the truth and she just nodded.

"I know. I thought you were gonna tell me that you made a deal with the devil or something."

"Y-you knew?!" he practically screamed.

Gwen shrugged with a modest smile.

"I was like 67% sure," she nodded confidently.

"That's oddly specific." Peter didn't really know what he should have been feeling. All he knew was that he was relieved.

"I'm just gonna ask," Gwen chuckled, "would you make a deal with the devil?"

"Nah, I've got all I need." He wrapped his arms around her shoulder as Taylor still belted out lyrics in front of them.

Gwen groaned and shook her head claiming he was "way too cheesy way too often".

Peter just smiled. His spider sense was still buzzing, but he decided to leave it to the police this time.

After all, the whole goal of his list and plan was to spend more time with the best girl in the world, and he was doing just that.