Bitten By That Love Bug (H)

A/N: HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!!!!!!!!!! I know you were expecting some super fluffy drabble that would be really cheesy and cute, but I'm not in that kinda mood right now, so I gave you...whatever this is. It's pretty angst-filled because it's No Way Home with Gwen instead of MJ. At best, it's #angstwithabittersweetending. Basically just Gwen making a corny (but meaningful) joke in a dire situation. 😂 Italics with ... at the beginning and end means a flashback! Enjoy! Oh, actually, one more thing! If you could check out my fic called Expect Disappointment But Hold Onto Hope, it would help out a lot. 😊 It's also about No Way Home, but with Spideychelle, so absolutely adorable. 😋

Disclaimer: I don't own...anything really. 😳

Warning: MAJOR NO WAY HOME SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!

It started in high school when he told her about Spider-Man. She still remembered the shock and awe she felt that night after the projector incident and the Mysterio…thing.

But now, everything had changed. Everyone knew Peter's identity, and that meant that Gwen's relationship with him was making headlines. They were getting way too much attention.

There were people throwing bricks through the windows (thank God that blind dude was there) and people screaming at Peter for being a "murderer". That was the part Gwen really hated; everyone was judging Peter on one mistake that wasn't even his.

She saw the way his demeanor changed with the public's opinion.

He used to act so energetic, so young. Now, he seemed to just be a shell of the Peter she once knew; a reminder of his old self.

Thank God the other Peters showed up. Even after May died, they brightened the mood and ignited a new spark in her Peter's eyes.

"...everywhere Spider-Man goes, chaos and calamity ensue."

Gwen shuffled over to him, kneeling to match his height and wrap her arms around him.

Peter's expression was still blank. Just an endless image of sorrow that made Gwen's stomach tie in knots and her heart sink.

She murmured sweet nothings into his shoulder. She could feel his muscles tense and his entire body tremble with sobs that he had been holding back.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

Peter didn't respond. That was fine with Gwen. Sometime's everyone just needed to sit and cry their hearts out.

"Peter, baby, there's…there's some people here."

And then they appeared.

They told him about their own losses, and Peter opened up for the first time in weeks.

Gwen wondered if the three Spider-Men could help each other out; become brothers of sorts. Perhaps that was just what her Peter needed.

And they had become brothers.

Gwen would be happy, but she was still more than a little preoccupied processing what just happened.

She was…shoved off the framework of the Statue of Liberty and then caught by Peter 3. Yeah, that was how it happened, right?

Peter -- Peter 1 -- was now lower on the island fighting that guy who dropped her. The guy was wearing something that looked like a crazy homemade Halloween costume.

Gwen couldn't see them from her vantage point, but she knew that whatever they were doing couldn't be good.

There was a sort of crunching sound that suddenly came from the scene of the fight, and she prayed that it wasn't Peter getting injured further. She couldn't imagine how much pain he was in already, both emotional and physical, and it was clear that he wouldn't be able to take anymore.

The other Peters exchanged looks before trudging down to the "Goblin" person and her boyfriend.

Soon after, a sharp gasp rang through the air and sent a chill down all their spines.

Gwen began sprinting, following in the Peters' footsteps. Ned was left to stumble after her.

When she finally reached the many Spider-Men, she let out a sigh of relief. Peter was okay.

Not all the Peter's though, the oldest one seemed to be stabbed in the stomach. How was he so calm?! It was kinda freaky…

Anyway, the wizard seemed to signal Peter 1 to meet him since he began swinging over to him.

It began with smiles to celebrate their victory, but soon shifted to frowns and shouts.

Purple cracks became visible in the sky and cut through the clouds.

Peter ordered the wizard to do something and, judging from how he reacted, it was something big.

Peter made his way back down to them and pulled Gwen aside.

"Hey, um, you're gonna forget who I am."

What a way to start a conversation.

"Peter, you know you're not a Jedi, right?" That was how Gwen coped: making stupid movie references. Nice, right?

Peter shook his head fondly, but stayed silent. He pulled her in for a quick kiss, before stepping back and explaining further: "Strange, he's making a spell, and I…oh, God. Ever since I was bitten by that spider, I knew we couldn't be happy together."

It broke Gwen's heart to see how he shrugged and ran a hand through his hair, obviously afraid, but still so brave.

"And ever since I was bitten by that love bug, I knew we had to be." She knew it was cheesy, but it was the most truthful thing she could tell him.

"Only you would say something like that in a situation like this," he laughed. "I love you, ya know that? I love you so, so, so much."

"I love you too. So, so, so much."

At that moment, it was like an unspoken promise was made between the two. They would always share the deepest love for each other, no matter the cost.

"I'll make you remember, okay?"

She knew he wasn't going to. He would think she would be safer without him. He couldn't be more wrong.

"You better."

The cracks closed, the villains disappeared, and the world as she knew it went black.