Hit Delete

When I got home, I wasn't surprised to see there was a single message on the home phone we never used. I listened to it, and sure enough, Runbserger's voice came on: "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Delaney..." (Delaney wasn't even Mom's last name anymore), "This is Allen Runsberger, Principal of Crystal Shore High School. I was hoping to talk to you about your daughter, Dallas...about something that took place during the pep rally today. Please give me a call back, extension 1."

I don't know why I did it, but I hit "delete." I mean, why not? I'd already run away from my principal, gone over the speed limit in the school zone, and not buckled up while doing it. My parents rarely used our home phone, anyway, so they probably wouldn't have even noticed if I didn't delete the message. I just didn't feel like dealing with this, not tonight. Not this weekend.

At least, I didn't want to deal with it rationally. I did want to kill Alex and Benny. Murder would've been just one more crime to add to my list.

Group

To: Alex, Benny

Fri, Jan 29, 5:46 PM

Dallas

You guys are srsly DEAD. Runsberger's out to punish me...he left a msg on our answering machine!!! Your fault!

Benny

Woops.

Alex

Well Benny and I were in detention until 4...

Dallas

Boo freaking hoo

Alex

Look on the bright side...half the school loves u

Dallas

The bright side? What do you think is gonna happen w Ms. Brooks?

Benny

Ya...didnt think about that 😳

Dallas

That's the problem w you 2, you don't think!

Alex

What's the worst that could happen?

Dallas

I don't really wanna find out but w Runsberger I just might

Benny

Sry Dallas 😩

I thought about what might happen more that night.

And I thought about it a little less on Saturday.

And Sunday, I pushed it from my mind just enough so I could create my Sunday vlog. Ms. Brooks had said she had faith I would come up with an answer to my own question, and she turned out to be right.