01: Some Welecome Home Huh?

As Elliot Stabler makes his way into his old unit, he gets the same homey feeling he had years prior. The one-woman he was madly in love with, wasn't his wife.

His marriage was in shambles, things were becoming distant at home, and then all it took was one bad case, one case to haunt him forever for him to finally hang it up.

He left without a single goodbye to anyone. Especially the one he loves the most.

He moved back to his wife's hometown, and they raise their children. The only reason he's back is because his wife is on her death bed, and she wanted the two to return to the busy city.

Walking to the opening on the precinct, Elliot spots Olivia is his old Captains office, With a man, and two kids. If he didn't know any better, he would think they were her family.

Walking further into the unit, the first person to spot him, is Odafinn Tutuola. The man lets out a barely audible, "this can't be true"

"Hey Finn, long time" it was as if time stopped. The next thing Elliot knows, Finn is punching him square in the nose. "You got some nerve after how you left them! You knew it was hard on them both and here you are, years later, reminding them of that pain. Get the hell out of here before either one of them sees you."

But it was too late, Hank had noticed the altercation as it was happening. Walking out of the office, and next to OdaFinn, "everything alright OdaFinn? You good?"

Hank was the only person Finn allowed to call him OdaFinn besides Brooke. "It's all good, Elliot was just leaving." By now, both Olivia and Brooke were outside of her doorway. Noah was still in the room, busily watching something on his iPad.

Once Brooke looks the man in the eyes, she immediately reaches for her father. "Dad, I wanna go home. Now"

Olivia grabbed Noah, then onto Hank's free hand. The other was holding onto Brooke's for dear life. "I'll be back. I'm taking an early lunch. I hope everything is back to normal when I return" leaving things at that, the family leave. Brooke never gave a second glance at Elliot, she just buried her head into her father's neck.

"Let me tell you something, since you don't understand the words 'get the hell out!'" OdaFinn was turning red in the face, "leave us alone, we've all moved on, and found peace. Go back to wherever you ran away too. That won't be hard, huh? Did it once."

——

FLASHBACK:

November 2011

Olivia had just came into the precinct. Brooke was with OdaFinn's son and fiancé at the hospital for the day. She adored the couple like they were her brothers. She had always wanted some of those. Coming in, Olivia sees that Elliot's things are still in the box she packed days earlier, and that the box has an address to be shipped to.

She realized he wasn't coming back. He had never said goodbye to her or Brooke, who was very attached to the man and his children. Brooke saw them as a happy family. Olivia wasn't sure how she was gonna break the news to her sweet girl.

But she knew, that if her ever came back, she couldn't let him in.

——

Once the family get home, Brooke heads straight for her room. "Brooke, sweetie" but before Olivia could get another word in, she hears music blaring out of Brooke's speakers. Hearing Melanie Martinez, "Mad Hatter" Olivia knew that it would take both her and Hank to calm their daughter down.

Getting Owen set up in his play room, the couple makes their way to their youngest daughters room. "Open up B, me and mom wanna talk to you. Or just hold you" Brooke had been touched starved since the day she was born. When Olivia had first adopted her, they would snuggle from the time Brooke woke up, to the time she fell back asleep.

Hearing a faint, "come in" they both walk in. Olivia turns down the music playing, before heading to her daughters side. Brooke was now laying on her stomach, right side cuddle into her father.

Olivia sat to her left, running her hands through her daughters hair. "Why did her come back after all these years? After he just up and left years ago daddy? Make him go away"

Hank could feel the emotional distress his daughter was in over the man who walked out of her life, and away from his problems years prior. Holding his daughter as close as he possibly can, he tells her how much he loves her, before she finally falls asleep in his arms.

Olivia looks to Hank, to see that he is already looking at her, "he has to go away. I finally have what I've always dreamed of." What Olivia didn't know, was that Hank had been preparing to leave his unit to his two trusted detectives until his Brookie was ready to take over. "Even if he doesn't, I'm right here and I'm never leavin"