08: Madonna

"Now, Brooklyn, repeat what you just told me to your parents" turning towards her mother and father, Brooklyn looks to them with the same vulnerability she had at 6 years old. "Mom, dad, I don't like it when you treat me like some creak head you pick up from the streets. I'm your daughter, not a criminal. Daddy, I didn't like the way you handle the situation when you found out I've been hanging out with Landon Severide. It made me feel like I was back in foster care and the look on your face reminded me of the one the mean foster man would give me before he-" pulling his daughter into a hug, Hank doesn't realize he is crying as well until his wife is wiping his tears.

"I'm sorry Princess. I never meant for you to feel that way. I'll try better I promise you. I never want you to feel like that again. You will never be hit like he hit you. If anyone ever raises a hand at you, I'll kill 'em dead." The therapist didn't bat an eye, she knew what Hank was capable of, but he always had a reason. "M'kay daddy. I'm sorry for yelling at you mom. You didn't deserve my angry words. They weren't nice. Even if I didn't mean them."

"I know baby, that's why I didn't take it to heart. I know how you truly feel. And we promise Elliot will not be a problem. We learned to Liv without him years ago, we'll do it again now. Us Voight's know how to adapt."

"We sure do"

——

"Promise me you won't run him off! He's kinda smitten over me, so my sources have told me." Laughing at his daughter, "I won't go hard on him, I promise...maybe"

Kissing his daughter's head, Hank heads to a lunch meeting with Landon Severide. The youngest Severide had asked the man a week prior if they could meet up, whenever there was a good time for him. So, here they were, meeting at a local coffee shop. Kelly trusted his brother wouldn't come back with any bruises, especially after he heard the yelling Brooklyn had given to her father about not hurting her crush.

Hank has never had to do this before. With Erin and Justin, it was more of making sure they weren't behind a jail cell, and not on any drugs weekly.

With Brooklyn, he knows that she is in multiple activities and spends most of her time at the country clubs that he and his wife are a part of.

Since Brooklyn was the age of 8, she's been enrolled in tennis and golf at the clubs in both Chicago and New York. She never went for the love of sports, she went to stay social and relative in that world.

She's made long-time friends since the start and has kept in touch with them. It's been something she's been proud to say.

While her dad met with Landon, she decided to get some of her nerves out by playing tennis with her good friend Avery.

While the match continued, they picked up an audience. They continued to talk about what was bothering them until Brooklyn called a time-out, seeing someone in the crowd who looked an awful like her older brother who was pronounced dead years ago. "Av, am I dreaming, or is that Justin?"

"Oh shit," grabbing their stuff, and pushing the girl towards the boy, "games a draw people!" Running towards the man she called brother years ago, he never moves as she stops in front of him, "Justie?"

"Hey Brookie Cookie"

——

Sobbing into her older sister, who took an emergency flight to Chicago when she heard her little sister say Justin was alive. Erin automatically thought Brooklyn was having another episode. But low and behold, here was Justin.

The three were at med, trying to make sure this was actually their brother before they got their parents involved. Brooklyn couldn't concentrate on anything and was fidgeting with everything in sight.

She was asking Justin questions left at right, all that he answered honestly. Finally, Brooklyn snapped, "you're not my brother, my brother died years ago and I watched him be lowered into the ground. I watch my dad lose a part of himself and never get it back, no matter how hard I tried to be a good child or show with my actions how we could move on. My brother is dead because every day my mom has instilled in my mind to kiss his army photo before I leave the house so I know he's watching over me. My brother died years ago and took a part of this family with him. YOU'RE LYING TO US!! I WANT DAD!"

As Will ushers Brooklyn to another room, he has no choice but to call Hank and Olivia seeing that Brooklyn is in distress. Telling the couple that she's physically okay, but to hurry up before all hell breaks loose, Will also calls Jay.

He knows Erin hasn't called anyone nor talked to anyone but Brooklyn. The child went through it hard when Justin 'died'. She was used to having him in her life every day. And then one day he wasn't there.

——

As Hank and Olivia rush into Med, Jay holding onto Noah steps behind them, they are met by Will and brought straight to Brooklyn.

Before he let anyone into the room, Will was quick to tell them this wasn't a hallucination, and that Brooklyn wasn't going to be put on psych watch.

As the parents share a look, they pray that whatever has triggered their child is long gone. Hank walks in first, testing the waters and easily grabbing his daughter's attention. "I'm sorrys daddy, I didn't mean to. I'm sorrys. I'll be better next time."

Sitting beside his daughter, Hank opens his arms and waits for Brooklyn to wrap herself around them. As she slowly does, the rest follow in and around them. "Sweetie, what happened?"

"Erin's in the next room with Justin. I'm sorrys I called her first and not you guys" Olivia hops from her seat and dashes to the next room.

She couldn't believe her eyes

There in the room was someone who looked just like her oldest stepchild. He and Erin had as much distance as the room would allow. The man was handcuffed to the bed, guessing that Erin did that to instill he wouldn't leave out of her sight.

"We're waiting on DNA. And if it's confirmed, and only then, will we do a second test with Hank's DNA." Nodding, Olivia does her secret knock for Erin to know they're preset, and heads to switch places with Hank

"I'm not going, Liv" looking her husband in the eyes, she sees the same look she saw when he went through the deaths of his son and best friend. "I've got her, and you can send Erin in as soon as you get in the room. But only you would know better than me. You've got this"

——

Brooklyn clung to someone at all times. If it wasn't her parents, it was her sister or future brother-in-law. Noah was asleep in a side chair, confused about what was going on.

At one point, Brooklyn was feeling like she was going in and out of it. "My name is Brooklyn Voight and I lost my brother 4 years ago. My brother is dead and I will cherish the time I have with my other siblings. My name is Brooklyn-" As Jay hugs her tighter, Brooklyn, finally feels herself getting sleepy.

Allowing herself to fall into a peaceful slumber, it was only then that Jay saw Hank being taken to get his blood drawn as well.

This just went from bad to really bad