12: Playing Nice

Brooklyn, against better judgement, has arranged for both olives to meet with the boys. She knew that this was all her brothers fault, and she refused to let the women take it out on each other.

They both loved Justin beyond means, but he had broken both women in different ways. It wasn't Brooklyns mess to fix, but she wanted her family to be somewhat whole, happy, content.

Plus she wanted extra time with Landon and this would definitely ensure that

Having both girls talk through issues that they both faced with her brother the last few years, Brooklyn kindly requested to be left out of the conversation and get to know Matthew better, as well as mend a relationship between Matthew and Daniel.

Matthew was really nervous. He'd learned over the weekend that he was a big brother. The boys looked so similar, so much like Justin, like her dad. Like Camille

Brooklyn had a special type of love for Camille. She was the mother of her older siblings. She never met the woman, but she often visited her gravesite, and continued her legacy in the city. Yes, her mother was Olivia Benson, and she made sure the world knew. But, she never wanted them to forget Camille Voight. Without her, she wouldn't have her greatest influences in life. She wouldn't have her best friends.

Daniel looked curiously to Matthew. He'd never had a sibling, the closest thing to one was his kid aunt who still acted like she was his age and his actual kid uncle Noah who was Matthew's age. Whether Brooklyn still had the heart of a child due to her mental trauma, or natural born personality, some would never know

"So, what do you guys like to watch on tv? I like bobs burgers and Bluey!" As Brooklyn looks to her nephews, she can she that she's getting somewhere. Hearing the giggles of the boys, they give silly yells as to why her favorite shows should be something else.

Then of course, they land on the topic of cars. Brooklyn was so blessed that she was starting to pay attention to Landon and Kelly's car talks. She was understating what the boys were trying to tell her. Of course, she would play dumb regardless. Seeing the boys actually work together to explain and give demonstrations is what made her day.

It's like they were always hooked together

Now all they need to do is have their first brother fight. It'll probably be over her parents

——

Both olives, who Brooklyn refuses to learn the last names of, decided to move in together. This would allow them to raise the boys together, and have the support of each other. Brooklyn thought they were crazy, but then she remembered they allowed her brother to impregnate them.

So who's really the crazy one?

Making it back to her house, Brooklyn sees Landon coming out. Racing to meet, they almost fall over. "I miss you babe!" Landon has recently been taking on summer projects to save up money. For what, Brooklyn couldn't care much about.

It was important to him, so it was important enough to her to give him space to get his job done. They would be going on a small vacation with friends towards the end of summer.

Getting parental consent was the weird part. The dads and brothers said yes. But benson? It took Hank weeks to convince her that brooklyn had to have teenage experiences.

At least if she came home pregnant, they know who and how

But they both knew Brooklyn wasn't Erin or Justin in anyway

——

Hank was needed last minute at the district, so of course he allowed Brooklyn to tag along when asked. Hank would do anything to protect the life of his youngest daughter.

He didn't think that he would get the opportunity of a larger family after the death of Camille. But, with meeting Olivia, came his third and fourth blessing. Noah was attached right away. Brooklyn was nervous. But when she realized he would do anything for her, she loved him unconditionally back.

Hank saw so much of himself in the young girl, all the good things he could never keep in path with. It's why he would give his last dollar if it meant that Brooklyn would smile. She was truly his princess in every way.

Pulling up to the district, New York vehicles are noted. "Dad, I don't have the best feeling" Brooklyns feelings were never wrong. Texting Jay to come grab the young child, Hank was glad for his precautions.

Standing in the 21st district was Elliot Stabler