03: Making New 'Friends'

As Voight and his daughter make it to the district, Brooke stays very close to her father. The district is overly packed today for some odd reason. Holding onto her father's hand, Brooklyn follows him over to the stairs, before he puts his handprint in. "Soon enough, you'll have your thumbprint in her as well kiddo"

Brooklyn was excited to graduate high school and head to the academy. She wanted to make her parents proud by following in her footsteps, it's all she knew.

As the two make it to the top of the stairs, Jay is the first to notice the two, "I just know that's not Brookie" hugging the man who's become another father figure to her, she hugs Kevin and Adam as well. "Hey guys"

Brooke did not like anyone else in the unit but for the people who were there when her sister was. Vanessa Rojas and Hailey Upton were nothing in her eyes, and not even her father could change her mind. "Brooklyn"

Rolling her eyes, Brooke tells the two women hello, and then receives a flick on the ear from Jay, "behave" sticking her tongue out at him, Brooke sits in her sisters' old desk, which belonged to her uncle Alvin before her sister.

Pulling her hoodie over her head, Brooklyn happily falls asleep while her father and his unit get a case. Adam couldn't help but mess with the young teen while she was asleep.

Throwing paper balls at her, he didn't notice when Brooke grabbed the nearest thing to her, which happened to be a hardback book, and chucked it in his direction. Adam barely had time to move out of the way. "What the hell Chino?"

"Leave me alone Adam, before I call my dad. Wanna do patrol?" Looking at the man dead in his eyes, she sees the fear that he has about doing patrol. "You win this time chino"

Brooke decided to go and sleep in her father's office; it would be better on her neck and back anyways.

Getting the cover from the desk beside the couch, Brooke decides last minute to cuddle into her father, and sits on his lap. Adam quietly whispered to the group, "How can she be so cute, but evil at the same time"

——

Waking up, I see that my dad and most of his unit are gone. Hailey and Vanessa are still here, of course. The only reason I don't like them, is because I don't like change. I like for things to stay constant, but that didn't mean I wasn't trying.

I took a few minutes to get myself together, before getting up and heading out of my dad's office. I'm not sure what their job is at the moment, whether it's taking care of me or actually doing paperwork, but I'm starving. "Can we get some pizza from the 58th and 3rd? I'm really hungry." Looking back and forth from the two, Vanessa gives me a smile and a nod, I take it as my cue to head out and towards the cars.

Climbing into the back of Vanessa's Durango, a stretching out, I see Hailey looks a little uneasy about us going to this certain pizza place. "Don't worry, they won't hurt y'all once they see me"

I decided to just lay back and hush the whole ride. I didn't want to upset anyone or throw them off their game. They had their guns and walkies if needed.

After Vanessa parked, I hopped out. She tried to stop me so I could wait for them, but a hungry Voight is not a happy one. Walking in, I greet everyone and sit at my usual table.

When Hailey and Vanessa come in, Rocko, the owner, gets a little antsy, "there with me Rock, work for my dad." Giving them a nod, Rocko welcomes them. Ordering a triple meat pizza, I ask the girls if they were getting anything. Vanessa ordered a cheese pizza and Hailey ordered a Sausage pizza.

It felt good to be back at the one restaurant that gave me a sense of home. The first time I ever came, it was with mom, dad, Noah, Erin, uncle OdaFinn, Nate, and John.

There was a picture from that day placed above the table we were sitting at. I loved to look up and remember the one day we had when everything was perfect, and we didn't have to worry about living in New, York or Chicago.