10: Open it Princess

The family has finally gotten back into their old routine. Erin, was getting ready to leave back for New York. That was if her younger siblings could let her out of the house. "You gotta stay here with us! Kids before work business! Love before a paycheck hug!"

"Brookie, I'll see you in like, 2 months."

"Two months too long! DONT leave me with himmmm! Plus! Jays gonna be really sad. This has to be a love story for the summer!"

Brooklyn had recently realized that everyone in her family loved someone in a different city. Herself, her mother, and sister all loved guys from the city of Chicago.

Since the return of Justin, Brooklyn has been staying nights at the Severide's, not wanting to be that close to someone who would fake their own death and see that pain it caused from afar.

Hank, at first, was very much against Brooke staying the night at Landon's. But when he realized Kelly was a drill sergeant about sleepovers, and they all realized that both kids were good, they quickly got on board with the idea.

Brooklyn has recently been very clingy with Jay and Erin, and the pair is 100 percent sure it's to do with Justin reappearing. Before the whole fiasco, Brooke trusted Justin more than herself. He was her person.

And he gave that all up for reasons no one knows. She can't look at him without thinking that he's hiding something from them, that's theres a bigger reason why he came back when he did.

"Jay understands why we have to be apart sometimes, it won't last forever. I can promise you that." If it was up to Brooklyn, she would never leave Chicago; this is where the love of her life lives, so it's where she wants to be. Most days

"Erin of you leave...I'll have another meltdown! I need you sissy! There's an imposter living with us!" Erin, pausing and looking to her little sister, gives her a look. "Brooke, I want you to be so for real right now."

——

It wasn't long after that, that Erin had taken her younger siblings for an ice cream run, with Jay tagging along.

Brooklyn was feeling on top of the world

She had somehow convinced Erin to stay, and she didn't remember what exactly she said to her that hit a nerve bad enough for her to reconsider. She just knows that her sissy is here for a little while longer.

Jay loved to see the banter from Brooklyn. He thought it was hilarious how she could persuade anyone to do anything.

Later on that day, Brooklyn was in for a surprise of her life...and it wasn't a good one.

——

As the family sits at the dinner table, Brooklyn was sitting as far from Justin as possible. Her parents were at the heads of the table, with her, Landon, and Noah on the left side, and Erin, Jay, Justin, and an empty seat on the other.

Brooklyn was not feeling dinner, she just wanted to order take out and watch movies with Landon. But, she was making the most out of it for her baby brother.

"BB! Justie has to tell us something!" Smiling to her baby brother, had tells him to finish his fruits and vegetables before touching his dessert. Getting a "Kay sissy." Back, she returns her attention to Justin.

"I haven't been completely honest since coming back. Another reason why I went into hiding, that I didn't tell dad about also, was because my girlfriend at the time was pregnant. The baby's name is Matthew, and he's 7 years old. His mothers name is Olive."

Before Justin could finish, he stops due to the reactions of the family. Hank gets up and leaves the table, causing Olivia to go and check up on him. Since Erin was the closest to him, she smacked the back of his head.

Brooklyn was still sitting, mouth wide open, looking at the chair her father was once sitting in. "Baby? 7 years?"

"Brook-"

"Save it Justin, you made up your mind years ago. You don't belong in this family, at this dinner table, you're family is god knows where. We're nothing but an afterthought. 7 years"

Walking away, Brooklyn changes her course when she hears the doorbell. Hearing Justin beg for her not to open it, he stops when their father comes up behind Brooklyn. "Open it princess"

Knowing her dad will let her do whatever, and that's something not even Justin can stop- she's Hank's spoiled princess after all

Finding a women and child on the porch, it don't take long for Brooklyn nor Hank to realize that this was Olive and Matthew. Wanting to slam the door, Brooklyn is stopped by her father catching it last minute.

Giving one more glare to the woman, she makes her way back inside, and to the dinner table. Noah was given his IPad, and since then he hadn't been paying any attention.

"You're okay babe, nothing like a surprise to keep everyone on their toes." Kissing Landon, Brooke decided to stay quiet and count the minutes until they were watching some lovely dovey movie in her room

As Hank Welcomes Olive and Matthew in, Olivia greets them before brining them into the dinning room. Jay was Tense. Erin was upset, seeing that she and Justin had always promised to have their first kid together.

It seems like every plan they ever made together was crumbling. How could her brother no longer want anything to do with their family?

"So, who the hells gonna start this shit show?"