Wendigo - Part 1.

'You think this was easy?' he screams. 'You owe your life to me you worthless bitch!'

'I didn't ask to be brought here!' you yell back.

'You. Ungrateful.' He kicks you in the stomach harshly with every word. 'Pile. Of. Nothing! I risked my life for you and this is how you repay me?!'

Your sobs bounce off the walls of the house you both made together. You recoiled from your husband, blood and tears mixing on your face.

'I saved your life!' he yelled. 'And you think you can just leave me? No! I won't let you. Y/N, I'm gonna make you suffer for even thinking that!'

The man you fell in love with was gone, leaving in his place an ugly monster. He changed a lot. And it was all your fault. You didn't want to fight him back even if you could. You both were hunters, you both were strong, you could take him down and then run away – but maybe he could be salvaged?

Once upon a time, you loved each other, but then it changed.

Justin changed.

Your husband brought a knife from his duffel bag and you cowered in fear. He snarled, 'This is for not knowing your place!'

He started carving.

You gasped, shooting upright. If you had been any taller, you would have hit the ceiling of the car. It took you a few seconds to relax in the backseat and get back bearings of where you were. Your top and flannel were drenched in sweat and the traces of a few tears were on your cheeks.

Your hands circled your middle where the remainder of the scars were. That was one of the scariest days of your life. The man you had given your heart to had crushed it. He broke your trust, he almost broke you.

'Nightmare?' you jumped at the voice. Dean was driving the car, a frown marring his face when he took your state in. You quickly wiped your eyes.

You forced a smile, chuckling, 'Yeah, one of the reasons why I don't usually sleep.'

Dean didn't join your laughter, 'What do you mean, you don't sleep?'

'Well,' you start, 'Over the last few years, I got this insomnia thingy. I can only sleep when my body is extremely worn out or when I blackout in pain. It's usually the latter.'

You put it so casually out there that it made Dean worry. Insomnia, along with many other things had become a part of your life, you were used to it. Dean wasn't. It would take him time to remember that you had gone through a lot over the past few years, you weren't the same Y/N he had once known. He had to remember that it wasn't just yesterday when you both were sitting at the back of your high school class, hollering at the teachers and lounging in the bleachers when you should have been studying.

Sam was still sleeping in the front seat, rock music was playing softly in the background. You watched the sceneries pass by you, stretching tiredly. The nightmare left you wide awake, there was no sign that you were sleeping just a few seconds ago.

You noticed Dean glancing at you now and again. Questions crowded his eyes, you decided that it was time that he knew some things about you. You didn't feel like opening up to Sam just yet, he was your little brother, you couldn't burden him with your secrets – Dean on the other hand deserved some answers. You had been looking up to him all your life, talking about almost everything with him. And he treated you with the same respect.

'Let's play a game?' you suggest.

Dean averted his eyes from the rearview mirror so that he wasn't caught staring – but you already knew. He shrugged, agreeing.