Scarecrow - Part 1.

Author's Note.

Heyyyy.

So, the truth is finally being revealed. The curtains are being drawn away, but what is on the other side?

I guess you'll have to read for that. 🙃

By the way, I already have my corns popped, because these could be some of the most dramatic chapters in the whole book. So, maybe you should go and make yourself a batch of these delicious buttery delights too 🍿🍿

Have fun 😉

P.S.: Thank you so, so much for making my book cross 1K! It means a lot to me ❤️😊

Love,
Your Author.

#*~*#

As you headed back to your motel room after solving the case, you three quickly cleaned up. It didn't take much time for Sam to fall asleep either, but you were working on a new lead Bobby gave you as you had left his house the other day.

Often, you glanced at Dean, who was tossing and turning in his bed, looking restless. It didn't go unnoticed that he was staring at you when you weren't looking at him. You were waiting for him to talk to you if that's what he wanted to do.

Finally, he spoke. 'Y/N?'

'Hmm?' you turned to look at him.

'Can . . .' he cleared his throat. 'Can we talk?'

'Sure.' You shut your laptop after saving your files and inserting a bookmark in your multi-language dictionary. You motioned for Dean to join you at the table.

He shook his head. 'Let's talk outside.'

'Okay,' you shrugged. Getting up, you waited as Dean slipped his black shirt back on him. He had removed it when he had gone to bed. He pulled his sweatpants over his sleep shorts and gestured for you to follow him out the door. He donned his slippers and exited the room.

You hadn't even bothered with your nightclothes, after the shower you had worn your black ripped jean shorts, a black hoodie - which was your favorite, and your black knee-length boots, which contained most of your weapons. But you also had your gun tucked behind you. For jewelry, you wore a bracelet gifted by Namie and Sam and a pair of devil's trap earrings.

You fell in step with Dean, the night outside only slightly chilly. The crickets sounded from the tree line that had been grown at the boundaries of this motel, mostly for the scenic beauty and the gorgeous flowers. It was silent and peaceful.

Your gaze darted from the green-eyed man's face to the floor, still waiting for him to talk. He seemed to be struggling with something. Something was bothering him. You wondered if it was about your romantic status with the elder Winchester. You had kissed him a couple of times, and you lost count of how many times you came close to kissing him.

You side-eyed him again. His gaze was fixed on the floor, his forest green eyes clouded with confusion and hesitation, maybe even a little guilty. His lips unknowingly pouting as he tried to find the right words. His hands were clenched by his sides and he shook his head every so often as if chiding himself about something.

Clearly, guilt was eating him up. But guilt of what?

Does he regret kissing me?

You spluttered. 'I knew this was gonna happen one day,' you declared and Dean looked up at you in surprise. You continued, 'I should've known you'd kill me in the middle of the night under the pretense that you wanted to "talk".' You made air quotes, trying to lighten the mood.