Skin - Part 2.

The next day, Sam dragged you and Dean back to Zach's house. You had been awake all night, working on your hacking while Sam was working the case. He said he "realized" something and woke up a grumpy Dean. Handing both you and Dean coffees - which was the only way Dean would agree to go anywhere so early in the morning - Sam made Dean drive all the way to his friend's house.

'All right,' Dean grouched, 'so, what are we doing here 5:30 in the morning?'

'I realized something,' Sam told you both. 'The videotape shows the killer going in, but not coming out.'

'So, he came out the back door?' you asked, sipping chirpily on your coffee. You asked Sam to bring you one just for the hell of it. Coffee was something you practically lived on, you absolutely loved how the caffeine soaked into your taste buds.

'So, there should be a trail to follow,' Sam explained, 'a trail that the police would never pursue.' He went over to the trash cans to check something while you leaned against the engine beside Dean.

'Because they think the killer never left,' Dean pieced together. 'They caught your friend Zach inside.' Then, he mumbled to himself, 'I still don't know what we're doing here 5:30 in the morning.' You snickered. He was adorable when he was grumpy.

Sam stopped near a tree, he triumphantly looked at the two of you. 'Blood. Somebody came this way.'

'Maybe the trail ends,' Dean told him.

You backed that up, 'I don't see anything over here.'

A wailing ambulance rushed by you. You exchanged looks with the brothers. Hopping into the car, Dean followed the ambulance right to another crime scene, not far away from Zach's house. It looked fresh since the police were still taping up the area.

You three got out and you approached a bystander, 'What happened?'

'Oh, he tried to kill his wife,' she informed the three of you. 'Tied her up and beat her.'

'Really?' Sam asked, astonished.

'Ah, I used to see him go to work every morning. He'd wave, say hello. He seemed like such a nice guy.'

You and Dean split up with Sam, who was sent to check out the back of the building. Dean didn't talk to you, but he didn't leave you alone either. He was frustrating. You squeezed out information from the officers there and then you went to go find Sam. He was just turning around the corner.

'Hey,' Dean called. 'Remember when I said that this wasn't our kind of problem?'

'Yeah?' Sam asked.

'Definitely our kind of problem,' Dean told him.

You explained, 'We just talked to this patrolman who was first on the scene who heard this guy Alex's story. Apparently, the dude was driving home from the business trip when his wife was attacked.'

'So, he was two places at once,' Sam connected the dots.

'Exactly,' Dean stated. 'Then he sees himself in the house. Police thinks he is a nut job.'

'Two dark doubles, attacking loved ones in exactly the same way.'

'Could be the same thing doing it too,' you shrugged.

'Shapeshifter?' Sam theorized. 'Something that can make itself look like anyone.'

'Every culture in the world has a shapeshifter lore,' Dean commented.

'Legends of creatures who can, uh, transform themselves into other animals or other men.'

'Right,' Sam continued, 'skinwalkers, werewolves.'