09

Stiff Marco Balt

BLAISE: My cousin moved over to England, mother said the war was dangerous and she wanted her family close to her.

He was the same age as I was and we looked somewhat similar. We didn't talk much, he was a serious lad.

THEODORE: I mean the dark lord really didn't mind that we threw parties. I personally asked him myself. Almost got myself killed that day.

PANSY: Theo was throwing an end-of-summer party. It was barely July 26th.

DRACO: I don't think I'll ever meet anyone as stupid as Theo.

PANSY: I went because I missed my friends. After refusing to write Morrigan back I was feeling so lonely. It was exhausting trying to remind myself of my place.

Everyone from our school was there. That fucker invited Lucian and Adrian.

I remember just sitting down with Draco drinking my sorrows away when they walked in.

They looked like a real rock band. Each of them with a leather jacket and cigarette.

THEODORE: I mean Black Opium came to my party.

MARCO: I saw Pansy and knew I wanted her.

PANSY: I couldn't stop staring at her. She looked the same, her hair was trimmed a bit and she looked a bit skinnier.

Not once did Morrigan look at me. I wonder if she even knew I was there. That broke my heart.

I remember feeling so mad I wanted to hurt her even more.

Marco was there and he was so handsome. I mean his face was like a god. And that body, well nothing like Morrigans but still very tall and muscular.

I spent the entire night on his lap kissing him. I was just hoping Morrigan would see. I don't know why I wanted to hurt her feelings, I already had hurt her enough.

But at seventeen I was selfish and coping terribly with the war.

JAMES: I found her in the restroom crying. She was holding herself tightly and I remember I had never seen her cry. And I never wanted to again.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I wrapped my arms around her.

She hugged me back crying into my chest. "Why can't anyone ever love me?"

"Mor let's go home"

She said okay and we walked out together, I think that was the moment that solidified our band. We left and so did the band. We knew Mor needed us.

PANSY: She walks out of the restroom with him. I felt so betrayed they were hooking up, leaving together too.

I thought two could play that game.

I told Marco I wanted to have sex with him but I only have sex with guys who are my boyfriend.

"Then be my girlfriend"

MARCO: I assumed it would be much harder.

PANSY: We had sex in Theo's dad's room and I remember that man tore me in half that night.

As good as it was all I could think about was how sex with Morrigan was. It was so gentle and powerful, Mor would stay with me after and just massage my body.

All I could think about while having him inside of me was how she kissed every inch of my body telling me I was beautiful.

ERNIE: All I'm saying is Pansy didn't have to make Mor fall in love knowing she didn't want to be with her.

SCOTT: We wrote an entire album that night. 13 tracks. We had walked in the next morning and signed our record deal.

JAMES: Mor fought the agency to include in the contract that we owned our music. They almost said no. But we were selling so much independently making and selling our own vinyls they couldn't say no.

SCOTT: Our album was half Mor writing about being in love and half about Mor writing about the thought of love making her sick.

We called it 'Honey and loss'

And well no one is going to believe this but we all shared the same birth date. All of us were born on the 17th or different months.

JAMES: 'Honey and Loss' was going to come out on October 17th. And man did we have a lot of work.

ERNIE: All of august we recorded everything. Vocals and instruments, finding out what songs go where.

GARRETT (Black Opiums manager): This album was going to be the best rock album in magical music history. I could feel it.

I mean you've got these kids that are so tightly knit, and they're leaking talent.

PANSY: I wish men came with warning labels. I wish you could just see their intentions from the beginning.

my parents loved Marco I mean they really did. That last month before I returned to Hogwarts they had him over for dinner every weekend.

I believed that I could be happy like this. With a husband who is serious but my parents love, I could have children with him and we'd both see eye to eye on how to raise them.

Everything with Marco was what I was built to do. I was built to be a wife and serve him first, speak when he allowed, let him have sex with me whenever he wanted. I wanted to be built for this.

He was a very serious man. I don't know why, we were only kids but he didn't act that way.

Around him, I became very quiet as if my own thoughts would annoy him.

MARCO: I wasn't immature like my cousin and his friends, I wanted a wife I wanted a family. We all have different things we want, I shouldn't be judged for wanting a certain thing. You wouldn't judge a woman for choosing not to start a family.

PANSY: I went back to school holding his hand. Everyone was jealous and I thought I would like that but I didn't. The old me would've been so happy.

But all I could think about was Mor and how happy she looked over at the Hufflepuff table.

It was my fault we fell apart but goddamnit I was so fucking sad.