018

PANSY: I still am human. I wanted some sort of support. I asked the one person who was unbelievably kind.

I asked Astoria Greengrass.

She said yes. I asked her because I knew she would say yes. Besides she could keep a secret.

We sat in the waiting room together and she grabbed my hand and held it.

"If you want to do this, do it. If you don't, don't"

She put it so simply. And I knew she wouldn't judge me regardless. But I stayed. I knew I didn't want to be a mother.

She nodded and smiled at me. I'm telling you she was so kind it made you want to be nice to others as well.

"Astoria can I tell you something?"

"Of course you can"

I looked around the waiting room. No one else was there. "This is Theodore Notts child"

Her eyes went wide. I thought she would aparate and go grab Theo to drag me out of there.

"Pansy this isn't anyones but your choice to make"

I remember when they called my name I had never been so sure of anything in my life.

They allowed Astoria to stay while the procedure was being done.

I stared at her and she was beautiful, she had long light brown hair and skin like no other. I remember thinking that she was the type of girl Draco would never hit.

She was the type of girl who deserved the best version of Draco. I wasn't.

She held my hand tightly and as the tears rolled down my face she would wipe them away.

"Just think of something happy, maybe a memory?"

I thought of my girl who was sitting back home reading the cover of every magazine she was on.

Their album 'Price in Blood' was already number one on the charts and they had confirmed their world tour.

JAMES: I was on top of the world. They were calling us the band of the century. I mean wow.

ERNIE: Theo cut it off. And I remember asking him for a reason why and he wouldn't give it to me.

I will never love anyone as much as I loved him.

But. I couldn't forgive him for just walking out.

PANSY: Astoria ran her fingers through my hair and smiled at me.

"Maybe we aren't even real friends but I do want you to be happy Pansy"

"We're friends Astoria"

From that day to her last we would be friends. She's those type of people who you want in your life. You have relationship issues and you know you can call her, you need help buying a dress and she would be the one you call.

I dunno why I just kept thinking she was perfect. That she was the type of girl that guys don't beat or cheat on or use. She's the type of girl guys marry and promise to love to the end of time.

When the procedure was over I laid in that bed with her by my side and she didn't say anything. I appreciated her for that.

"Astoria thank you"

"Absolutely no need to thank me"

After I was discharged I hugged her for a very long time. She smelt like vanilla and coconut. She was tall and had these beautiful eyes that you just want to stare in all day.

DRACO: I got lucky when I convinced her to marry me. Real fucking lucky.

DAPHNE: Oh Astoria. She was everything that is good. I still miss her every time I breathe. I mean the world just turned a darker shade the day she left.

But she became friends with Pansy and I think she was a good influence on her. Astoria always saw the best in everyone. She loved Draco since her third year. Swore she was going to marry him.

I'm glad she did.

PANSY: I wanted to walk I didn't want to aparate. It would take too much energy. I had absolutely no energy to do anything.

I just wanted to lay in bed with my girl and watch the years fade away.

I finally made it home and Mor left a note saying she had gone off to band practice.

I laid down in bed, she had made the bed. I sat on top of the sheets and just closed my eyes, I thought about how I hadn't talked to my parents in months and they hadn't even wondered where I had went.

Two hours. I laid there for two hours thinking about how shitty my parents were. I mean they were real shitty.

Mor came back. She walked over to check if I was sleeping.

"My beautiful Pansy" she kissed the top of my head.

"How was practice"

"Ernie is heartbroken, and I feel for him, I mean Theo just broke it off no explanation."

I knew it was because he thought we were going to get married and have even more children together. My stomach sank.

"Maybe he didn't want to come out"

She agreed "Yeah I guess that's different for everyone, im fine being your roommate"

We both laughed.

"Yeah they all wanted to go out and drink but I wanted to spend this cold December evening with my girl"

Christmas was literally in two days and Mor had converted our apartment into what she called 'winter wonderland' every room was enchanted to feel like it was snowing.

We sat on our bed, snow falling, Mor singing to me one of her new songs. Called it 'Parks' all about how love, real love is like a walk in the park. I dunno if you put it together but it's the first half of my last name.

I watched and clapped like an enthusiastic fan.

She kissed me and her touch healed everything. Her warm touch defrosted even the most frozen parts of myself. 

"Pansy you are my muse"

"Shouldn't I be getting some of the profit you're making then?"

She laughed "I'd give it all to you"

I knew she meant everything she was saying.

"Can we always be this close?"

"Yes always"

I rested my head on her stomach and just fell asleep to the sound of her voice.

You would fall in love too.