025

Sad sad sad Theodore Nott

PANSY: I sat by my favorite window drinking my tea. Suppose that's how you're supposed to handle a breakup. I dunno.

THEODORE: I am not a perfect person. Everyone can hate me. That's okay.

My father was dying. And believe it or not but he said he wouldn't and couldn't go in peace if he wasn't sure I wasn't going to fuck up our family line.

PANSY: That fucker needed a favor. From me.

"You ruined everything, everything I loved you ruined so get out- I"

"We"

"What?" He caught me off guard

"We ruined everything, it wasn't just me"

He had a point sort of "I was going to tell Mor in my own way, how'd you even tell her?"

"You don't want to know, I regret it all that's all that matters"

I shook my head no, I almost threw my damn tea cup at his face. 

"I Umm- told her 'you ruined a pureblood line' she was confused and I told her 'Pansy was pregnant with my child' she didn't believe me asked me how 'I fucked her raw and came do you not know how children are made?' And yeah you walked in a bit after"

I shatter the cup in my hand. Blood started dripping down.

"Pansy I need your help"

"No"

"Pansy I think you owe it to me, one favor"

"You we're trying to force me to get married and become your mother"

His face dropped "don't talk about things you don't know"

"Your mother was forced to marry your father and she hated him for it"

He swallowed hard.

THEODORE: I just hate when people talk about my favorite person as if they knew her.

My parents were not in love.

Pansy could never be like my mother so she was wrong when she said that. You can't force someone to be kind or that selfless. My mother was all of that naturally and more.

PANSY: We just sat there. My hand was bleeding and he was just staring at the wall.

"What would it be?"

"My dad said he can't die without knowing I'm going to continue our pureblood line"

My eyes watered. My parents were the same and I couldn't hate him for this.

"Can I tell you something I never told anyone?" I asked.

There was a bond between Theo and I. Some fucked up broken bond.

"Yeah go on"

"I'm really scared you know. Because I feel like I've just had the great love of my life and it's over and I'm scared I will be chasing that feeling for the rest of my life"

"You know I feel the same. I'm alone and not just alone completely lost without Ernie"

"You should talk to him"

He met my eyes "You should talk to Morrigan I mean she always comes back to you, there was a point I was sure you could stab her and she'd forgive you"

I laughed "she is far too good for me, James said so too himself."

"Yeah well James is an arse who grew up with perfect parents and of course married the first girl he knew he loved"

He was right James was a natural born winner. Just like the man he was named after.

"I really need your help Pansy"

"I know"

"You'd only have to meet him once and that'll be it, the story will be over"

"Okay, I quite frankly have nothing to lose, my everything is already gone"

JAMES: Mor didn't talk to me when she came back. She spent most of her time with her stupid fake boyfriend locked in their room.

Whatever. Sometimes you have to save people from themselves.

A couple months and I was going to go home and marry my girl.

THEODORE: He was on the bed breathing every once in awhile. Healers said it was dark magic that made his body fall apart the way it was.

"What have you come to show me son?"

"My fiancé, Pansy Parkinson"

He smiled. Pansy waved and he had never smiled that big well other than when he was with my mum.

"If you have a son keep our name going"

I nodded. He coughed.

"Are you scared father?"

"A bit sad"

"That your time came so soon?" I asked.

"I just miss your mum and she won't be happy to see me" his smile faded. "Can I tell you the truth son?"

"Okay"

"I loved your mother since our first year at Hogwarts, she was one of those arrogant gryffindors and I loved her, but she fell in love with someone else"

I felt the tears rolling down my face. "Could you please tell mum I love her and I still miss her, please?"

He nodded "your mother and I have a lot to talk about but Prim already knows that"

PANSY: He died probably a month later. It was intense when he died. Theo weeped by the bedside and clung onto his body.

I held him, he told me that he had wished for his fathers death his entire life and he didn't know why it hurt so badly.

"Because you loved him, it hurts when we lose the ones we love"

Poor Theo. He was just a sad boy, cursed to live a sad life.

Sometimes I thought it was all karma. Our parents were terrible people and well their bad karma was just dumped onto us.

DRACO: I couldn't explain to you why I was able to fall in love. I thought I was done paying my parents debts.

But then I fall in love and the women who made my life worth it is bound to die young.

Do you know what it feels like knowing you're going to have to wonder without half of your soul?

I don't care. Astoria was my good luck and if I had to suffer for 500 years to only have 10 with her it was all worth it.

ERNIE: purebloods talk. And oh god this story breaks my fucking heart.