PR ~ betrayed

"I'm sorry Clara, that's my last word."

Let Her Go - PassengerWordcount - 2573

Wordcount - 2573

☽♛☾

31 October, 1981 - With Sirius & Clara

"How's she?" Clara asked Sirius who held the one year old Y/n gently in his embrace.

"Just wonderful" He smiled and placed a soft kiss on the top of Y/n's head.

Clara sighed. "You know, I really wished we could've went over to James' and Lily's today, you remember last time Y/n and Harry met? They love playing with each other!" She zoomed out for just a bit, the corner of her lips twitching upwards at a memory of Y/n and Harry building Kapla.

Sirius smiled sadly and put Y/n down in her cradle. "I know, but you've got to stay hidden. You know that, Voldemort's after you because of your powers and-"

Clara cut him off with a soft kiss, "-and if I die Y/n will get my powers and responsibility which would practically kill her since she's just a baby."

Sirius took a deep breath. It had hit him hard the day when Clara told him about her powers. About how they, according to Dumbledore might be the thing that could stop Voldemort. He could see it in her eyes, her body wasn't showing it but he knew, that deep down she was beyond anxious and it was overwhelming with the responsibilities and the trust Dumbledore had put in her.

He hated the fact that Dumbledore seemed to see Clara as more of a weapon than a human being. He occasionally came over to talk to Clara about everything he knew about her powers, about her training and about how she is the one to stop Voldemort. She didn't let Dumbledore know about the times she'd collapsed out of pure tiredness after a training, she wanted to show him that she was strong enough to take Voldemort down. The only one who knew about all of this was Sirius. He'd talked to Dumbledore about it, telling him that it was much for Clara-- especially with a baby. But he didn't seem to listen, he said she was doing well in her practices and her strengths was slowly coming back after her pregnancy.

Sirius and Clara were kept hidden under a Fidelius charm as well as James and Lily, Voldemort was after them all and Clara was yet too weak to take him down. She desperately wanted to end him, but her attempts of doing so was stopped by either Sirius or Dumbledore. Sirius because he was worried for her, and Dumbledore because he wanted her to be as strong as possible while facing the darkest wizard of all time.

Clara felt guilty sitting hidden in the safety while other innocent people were murdered because of a cold-hearted man. Scratch that, the dude had no heart, judging by the way he acted. And Clara, being the one who could stop all this wasn't allowed to just yet, it broke her heart-- thinking about all those people that could be killed in this exact moment.