Y3 ~ detention with diggory

"We're just friends."

Backyard Boy - Claire RosinkranzWordcount - 3033

Wordcount - 3033

☽♛☾

Y/n had come to love Defense Against the Darkarts more than ever, and nobody had a bad thing to say about Professor Lupin— well, except Draco Malfoy and his gang of course.

"That guy dresses worse than my old house-elf." Malfoy once said during breakfast.

"And Dobby dresses better than you." Y/n had mumbled under her breath, even though he couldn't hear her.

Then, there was Divination. It sucked. Y/n didn't lie when she said she dreaded the hours in the north tower with Professor Trelawney, now and then sending her weird glances. Actually, the whole quartet seemed to dislike Divination, while others truly admired the professor.

In this case, Y/n was referring to Lavender and Parvati who would spend their lunch at the north tower and come back with mysterious looks on their faces, like they knew everything in the world. And it surely annoyed her.

When it came to Care of Magical Creatures, no one seemed to like the class anymore. After the Hippogriff incident Hagrid had seemed to loose all his confidence, and his classes was a real bore. Though, no one really had the heart to tell him that, except for maybe a certain Slytherin.

The good thing though was that the Quidditch season was coming up, and Y/n had been privileged to— like last year— comment the match along with Lee Jordan. It was very funny commenting matches, even though McGonagall nicked the mic sometimes because what they were saying wasn't significantly.

Y/n had actually never tried out Quidditch herself, she was willing too, it looked rather fun flying around on a broomstick and it was very entertaining to watch.

At the moment the whole Gryffindor Quidditch team was collected at the breakfast table, right next to where Ron, Hermione and Y/n were seated.

"We've got everything we need to win this year." Oliver Wood, their Quidditch nerd captain inquired. "We've got three amazing chasers," He motioned towards the Gryffindor chasers; Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinner and Katie Bell. "And two incredible beaters," He motioned towards Fred and George.

"Ahh, stop it, Oliver, you're embarrassing us." Fred and George said together, pretending to blush.

"And we've got a seeker who's never failed us before." He said, looking at Harry with some sort of furious pride. He paused. "And me, of course."

"Don't worry, Oliver, you're amazing too." Fred said.

"Cracking Keeper." George nodded.

Oliver nodded slowly. "Look, this is my seventh year at Hogwarts, my last chance to win the Quidditch Cup! Gryffindor hasn't won for seven years, but now with this incredible team, we have to win!" He said.