Y3 ~ sirius black

"Cheesy, Potter, but thanks."

Cry Baby - The NeighbourhoodWordcount - 3118

Wordcount - 3118

☽♛☾

After the delicious Halloween dinner in the Great Hall it was time to return back to the common room. The quartet was tired after a long day of different activites, and looked forward to go to bed.

But, when they finally arrived by the entrance of the Gryffindor common room, it was blocked by a crowd of students. Peeves was in the middle of the chaos as usual, he seemed to scare everyone up even more.

"What the hell?" Y/n groaned while Hermione tried to figure out what was going on. Percy arrived, pushing through the students he yelled;

"Let me through! I'm Head Boy! Everyone can't have forgotten the password? Let me through!"

"Do you know what's happened?" Hermione asked a second year, but he just shook his head, telling her that he had no idea. Suddenly, Percy told someone to go get Dumbledore, the whole situation seemed urgent.

Not a minute later, Dumbledore arrived. He hurried up between the students and Y/n managed to get a glimpse of what was really happening. What she saw made her eyes widen.

Ginny came up to the quartet and asked what was going on as she had just arrived by the entrance.

"The fat lady's portrait has been ripped open." Y/n whispered.

"What?" Hermione stood on her tiptoes to get a better look.

Snape, McGonagall and Lupin were also there and Dumbledore demanded them to find the Fat Lady, though, Peeves stopped them by saying;

"You'll be lucky."

Dumbledore turned to face a grinning Peeves.

"What do you mean, Peeves?" He asked calmly.

Peeves grin faded a little, he didn't dare taunt Dumbledore. Instead, he adopted an oily voice that was no better than his cackle.

"Ashamed, Your Headship, sir. Doesn't want to be seen. She's a horrible mess. Saw her running through the landscape up on the fourth floor, sir. Dodging between the trees, crying something dreadful." Peeves spoke happily. "Poor thing." He said unconvincingly.

"Did she say who did it?" Professor Dumbledore asked quietly. The tension in the hallway was high when Peeves spoke;

"Oh yes, Professorhead. He got very angry when she wouldn't let him in, you see." Peeves flipped over, and grinned at Dumbledore from between his own legs. "Nasty temper he's got, that Sirius Black."

Y/n took a deep breth. She felt Harry's hand slip into hers as he could sence her sudden anxiousness. He gave it a reassuring squeeze as Y/n's thoughts wandered away. The whole thing was messed up. No one told Y/n anything about Black, even though the Professors— at least McGonagall— surely knew why Black was after her. Why'd he want to kill her? Nothing else than her being friends with Harry came to mind, and if that was it, why wasn't he after Ron and Hermione as well?