Y3 ~ edith

"Ron, I know she's hot, but stop drooling over her."

Disturbia - RihannaWordcount - 2424

Disturbia - Rihanna
Wordcount - 2424

☽♛☾

Professor Lupin was late to class after lunch, therefor the whole class of Gryffindors were standing outside his classroom waiting for him to open the door.

"Oh come on, I had higher expectations than this." Y/n said, twirling her wand with her fingers.

"I'm sure he's coming any minute now." Hermione sighed.

"I could've stayed at lunch with my sausages for at least ten more minutes." Ron whined as he kicked the ground.

"I wonder what he has planned." Harry said, mostly to himself.

Then, Professor Lupin finally opened the classroom, smiling vaguely. He was as shabby as ever, but looked a lot healthier than on the train, Y/n noticed. Almost like he'd had a few square meals.

"Good afternoon," He said. "Today will be a practical lesson, no books required, you will only need your wand."

Y/n lit up at the mention of no books, she had definitely found her new favorite teacher, sorry Minnie, but no books beats everything, she thought.

The class exchanged a few curious looks, they had never had a practical DADA lesson before, unless you counted with the one last year when Gilderoy Lockhart had set a bunch of pixies loose.

"Right then," Professor Lupin said. "Please follow me."

Puzzled, but interested, the class followed their new teacher out of the classroom and down a deserted corridor.

As they walked around a corner, Ron whispered to the quartet; "What the bloody hell is he up to?"

"I have no idea, but I'm thrilled to see." Y/n grinned.

Around the corner they saw Peeves the poltergeist, floating upside down, stuffing the nearest keyhole with chewing gum.

Peeves didn't look up until Professor Lupin was about two feet away from him and broke into song;

"Loony, loopy Lupin, Loony, loopy Lupin." He sang. "Loony, loopy Lupin, Loony, loopy Lupin."

Peeves could be extremely rude, but he always showed some respect towards teachers. The class looked over to Professor Lupin, scared of how he would react. To their surprise, he was smiling.

"I would take that gum out of the keyhole if I were you, Peeves." Professor Lupin said calmly. "Mr. Filch won't be happy if he can't get in to his brooms."

Filch, the caretaker of Hogwarts was a bad-tempered, failed wizard who waged a constant war against the students, and indeed Peeves and the trio of Fred, George and Y/n since they had all pranked him countless of times.