Y3 ~ truth

"Seems like Scabbers filed the divorce papers."

Collide - Rachel PlattenWordcount - 5301

Wordcount - 5301

☽♛☾

The quartet had received another note from Hagrid. This one was simple and stain-free, not a tear had shred onto the small piece of paper, which read;

It's over. We lost. Executing at sunset. Don't come down. I don't want you to see it.

Hagrid.

"I can't believe it." Hermione said, wiping a tear from her chin.

"We have to go there." Y/n said firmly. "We can't leave Hagrid to deal with it alone."

"Agreed." Harry said. "I'll get the cloak."

Moments later, they were all pressed together under Harry's cloak while wandering gloomily over the grounds towards Hagrid's Hut. The walk there felt eternal, and even the birds seemed sad as they sung their song like an orchestra at a funeral.

Harry's hand sneakily slipped into hers, squeezing the palm of her hand warmly, making Y/n feel the heat from the squeeze rush through her veins. Her tense body calmed down just a bit. Harry seemed to have that impact on her, whenever he held her hand or something like that she would usually calm down just a little.

Harry knocked on the big door to Hagrid's Hut upon arrival, they waited there for a moment and spotted Buckbeak laying down further away, giant Pumpkin's scattered around him. Y/n felt the urge to cry. How could you be so heartless that you'd want to kill such an innocent and lovable creature as Buckbeak? He was the most beautiful Hippogriff Y/n had ever laid eyes on, and the flight over the Black Lake on him with Harry was something she'd never forget, a moment in her life when she was truly happy.

Hagrid opened the door, his face was swollen and eyes bloodshot. "What're yeh four doin' here?" He asked. "Didn' I tell yeh to stay inside?"

"You really thought we were gonna listen to that?" Y/n said, raising an eyebrow. "Come on Hagrid, of course we'd come!"

"Righ', well come in then yeh lot. But you gotta leave when they come, don't want yeh watchin' that type o' stuff."

Harry, Y/n, Ron and Hermione walked into the Hut. Ron and Hermione took a seat at the giant table as Y/n and Harry joined Hagrid by the window.

"Thought I'd let him out for a bi'." Hagrid said, referring to Buckbeak who seemed to enjoy the sun outside. "He likes bein' outside yeh know..." He continued, quickly wiping a falling tear from his chin with the help of his big hand.

"Well... why don't you just set him free?" Harry asked.

"'Cause they'd know it was meh." Hagrid sighed in defeat. "An' Dumbledore'd get in trouble... he said he's gunna be here when they--" He couldn't say it. "When it happens... great man Dumbledore... great man."