Chapter. 8

I sit in the car with Chris.
Chris car smells like fresh cologne.

We both just sit awkwardly in the car.

"Sooo....." I say fidgeting with my thumbs "who's your secret-" he cut me off

"I'm not telling you" Chris says quickly. He kept his eyes on the road not looking away.

I rest my face on the seat looking at him. I never realised how perfect he looks, the little bump on his nose and his ears pinks from the cold.
"Doing something special this Christmas ?" I ask

"I was thinking of going to Boston to my family but I have to much work" he reply's
"You ?" He asks

"Well nothing just the same old thing watching movies at home" I say

"Ohh so we both have a pretty sad Christmas" Chris says

"Yeah" I agree.

"So where do you live ?" He asks me
I just tell him the address.
"Do you and Jack have any history ?" Chris asks me out of the blue

I was a bit surprised by his question but I answer "yeah why ?" I say

"I see the way you look at him. Do you still have feelings for him ?" Chris asks me

"Why would I tell you ? Your my boss. This feels a bit inappropriate, doesn't it ? " I ask

"Yeah of course your right I'm sorry" he apologises quickly.

The rest of the car ride was silence. He drops me home I thank him then I walk in the house.

There is one thing about me that I don't like to talk about and it is I tend to push everyone away from me. Like when I want something I'll do anything for it and as soon as I get it I push it away and act like I don't want it anymore. And as much as I don't want it admit it that's what happened between me and Jack. I liked him did everything to be with him and as soon as we started dating I lost interest but I stayed in the relationship hoping my feelings would come back. They never did, but as soon as Jack and I broke up I instantly got feelings for him again. I know I sound crazy but this is just how I am.
Now I'm scared if I get feeling for Chris it's over ! I'll try finding I way to make him fall in love with me and the minute he dose I'll push him away. And that is not good because he is also my boss.

After all this I end up going to sleep cause In the morning I have to figure out my whole car situation and how I'll get to work.

❄️

I wake up to my alarm beeping but I just snooze it.

5 min later

I wake up again and snooze my alarm.

5 min later

I'm up ! I'm up !

I rub my eyes and sit up. I look at the window view it was snowing like crazy outside. I check my phone and notice it's 8 December. It's fine I still have 17 days to find someone who is not my boss or my ex. I'm not spending this Christmas alone !!!!

I get out of bed and get ready for the day. I decided to take a taxi to work cause that's really the only option I have at this point.

After I get ready and put on at least 4 layers of scarf, jackets, socks and sweaters I was finally ready to go out.

I start walking down the snowy street. I love snow but at the same time I hate it. I like the white dry snow, not the dirty brown wet snow. And right now all I see is the dirty, wet, brown snow.

I waited for a taxi. All the fast cars drive by and the dirty snow splatters all over me. Great I'm soaking in some disgusting snow.

I quickly walk in to the nearest coffee shop.

"Good morning can I help you ?" A girl behind the counter asks

"Yes can I use the rest room ?" I ask freezing

"Yes sure" he says

I thank her and quickly run to the bathroom. I take off my jacket and try drying off my pencil skirt. Good thing it's black nobody will notice if it's dirty.

After being in the bathroom for way to long I finally walk out and who is the first person I see !!?

Mother fucking Chris ! My Boss

At this point I want to run back to the bathroom but it's to late he has already seen me.

"Y/n !" Chris yells exited "what are you doing here ?" He asks me.
I literally see him every single day.

"Oh I just came in to get a cup off coffee" I say. No fucking way I'm admitting that bunch of cars drove by and I got all wet.

"Oh I was just gutting a cup myself" Chris says.
"There are still 20 minutes left before work, would your like to sit with me ?" Chris asks

"Yeah of course" I say with a smile.
Omg no matter what I do I can't get rid of him, maybe it's a sign that I should start dating my boss..... No !!! This is wrong. He just very very friendly and nice that's all.

He and I sit down and have a cup of coffee together.
I thought it would be awkward but it was very nice, I had fun with him.

"Hey I'm going of to work, need a ride ?" He asks me

Even tho I do need a ride I'm not admitting it
"No it's fine" I say

"But what if I say I want to drive you to work ?" He says

"Well my answer is still no" I say crossing my arms

"Yeah ?" He says in the hottest way possible !!

"Mhm" I give him a bit of attitude

"Come on just let me drive you" Chris says

"Nope" I cross my arms

We both were fighting like children. I'm enjoying this. He really is a fun guy.

~❄️~~❄️~~❄️~~❄️~~❄️~~❄️~~❄️~~❄️~