Chapter 13

Yumi POV

It's hard for me to remember that night, but I need to free this feeling that I have inside. Ang tagal ko ng kasama si Bianca pero hindi ko parin makwento sakanya yung nangyare samin ni Yuri. I know that she understands me, but I want her to know me even deeper.

When I heard that question, I stopped for a moment. Then answered,

"We lost him because of me"

Bianca pulled me to sit down under the tree with the moon light shinning so bright.

"What happend?" She asked.

"That night.... it's a nightmare... if I didn't asked him to go out that night, he is still here with me." I paused because of the tear forming in my eyes. She just nodded for me to continue.

"We had a friend who invites us for a party, but mom and dad didn't permit us to go because it's quite far from our home, that night Mom and Dad was on a trip, it's just me and yuri who's at home with our maids. I asked him if we can go, and just don't tell mom and dad.  I keep on insisting that we should come, because yuri can't refuse me he eventually gave in and agreed with me. Yuri decides to drive, we took our dad's car and secretly escape from our house. The maids didn't notice us because it's quite late na that time.

Dahil nga medyo malayo pa yung place nung friend namin, we just chat with each other about our dreams and hobbies that we want to do in the future. Being a doctor was our greatest dream, we love the thought of helping peope in needs and it was very cool to watch those doctors wearing those white coats.

And we love cars, yeah. We wanna try racing. But because of young age, Dad is not allowing us to use cars even tho we know how to drive na.

So we try it here, Yuri start to speed up the car. We were laughing and enjoying the speed of the car.

"This is fun Yumi!" Yuri excitedly shouted and stepped more on the accelerator.

"Yeah! I know. Goooooo speed up!" I tell him and he do what I said. He is now hitting 160 km/h

"Go yuriiii! Hit that 200 km/hr" I shouted! We can feel that we're like flying with the speed that we have.

Few minutes after, we saw a bright light coming towards our direction. Yuri was distracted because of that light, he can't see the road. The break cannot stop the speed that we have. Yuri lost his control with the steering wheel, he panicked. Then I heard a loud bang, a sound of screeching tires and a sound of smashing glass.

I can feel that our car was flipping. When it stopped, I manage to open my eyes even my body is so weak to look for Yuri. My body was hurting so much, I can't even feel my legs down there. When I saw him, he is covered with blood. I reach my hand to hold him, even it hurts my entire body with every single movement that I make. When I reach his shoulder, he holds my hand. He was trying to tell me something. But I cannot hear it. So I try to move closer to him. "Please hold on yuri" I whispered. "Help will come, we will be fine, don't talk na" I said to him, now tears are falling from my eyes. I cannot look at  my brother hurting this much because I just pushed him to attend a party.

"T-tttaakee... ttaakeee goodd c-caaree of M-mooom and D-daad" he said while his voice were cracking, I can feel that he is in too much pain.

"I-lloovee yy.yoou Y-yyumii" he continue, then I cried so hard.

"Nooo yuri! NOOOOO!!!" I shouted then the ambulance came to rescue us! There I saw yuri being carried by 4 people and rushing us to the hospital. Inside the ambulance, I lost consciousness.

I woke up, inside a white room with a very bright light. Mom was there, she is crying while holding my hand.

"M-mom, where is Y-yuriii?" I asked mom, she looked at me with all the tears in her eyes.

"Yumiii, yurii didn't maakee.." she didn't finish her words because I panicked.

"NOOO!!! IT CAN'T BE! NOOO! I NEED TO SEE HIM MOM!!!"

"BRING ME TO HIM! MOM! HE IS JUST IN THE OTHER ROOM RIGHT?!"

"NO MOM. PLEEEASE! I NEED TO SEE MY BROTHER!"

She tries to calm me down as she wrap me around her. When Dad heard me shouting, he enters the room.

"Yumiii." That's the only thing I heard and I saw him wiping his tears.

"We lost him son. Yuri is gone." Dad said  he come close to me and hugged me.

"NO DAD! PLEASE TELL ME IT'S NOT TRUE." I cried

"DAD! I'M SORRY. IT'S MY FAULT"

The room was so bright but all I can feel was saddness in it. I blamed myself for what happened. We lost yuri because of that party that I want to attend.

After the day that we lost Yuri, my Parents busied themselves on their work. They keep working to ease the Pain of loosing Yuri. They didn't blame me for what happened. They Never blame me. But I am blaming my self. I am left alone at our house when they are working. That's when I missed Yuri the most.

Dad even asked Fat and Heart to accompany me at our house but I did bother to talk to them. I want Yuri.  Because of too much pain, I even tried to jump on our stairs to end my life, but I just ended up breaking one of my leg and arm. I also tried to overdose myself in medicine but manang saw me. And I tried to drown myself in the pool but a girl saved me.

There I realize, maybe Yuri wants me to continue my life even without him.

"I owe my life to that girl babe, I wanna find her. And thank her for saving me"

"Do you have any identification of her?"
Bianca asked

"As far as I can remember, she has a birth mark near her ........"

"Love Birds!!! Dun tayo! May band dun sa mini Bar nila!!!" I didn't finished my words because Fat cut me off.

Tumayo naman agad si Bianca, she extended her hand to reach mine kaya tumayo na din ako.

"Don't be sad na Babe. I'm always here to make you happy. Thank you for telling me the story about your Twin Brother." Bianca said and smile while caressing my hand.

I just smile at sinundan na namin kung saan papunta si Fat.