Part 4

It's around 5am. I'm lying on Alicia's couch. Trying to sleep. Clearly it's not happening.

I found out so much tonight. Alicia told me everything that had happened in Afterlife after I left.

That Daisy is Jiaying's daughter.

It makes sense. She seemed to have a personal connection to the place. But she couldn't have lived there, I definitely would've noticed that.

I told Alicia everything about the place I had escaped from. About how her name was on the list of Inhumans. Apparently she knew. I still don't get it, how is she okay with being on there? I didn't ask about it though.

I wonder if they've already discovered my disappearance. Of course they have. I hope they won't come look for me.

* * *

I feel a faint tapping on my arm. Opening my eyes, I find Alicia smiling at me.

"Good morning. I wanted to make you breakfast but I don't have any food supplies. So I thought maybe you want to come with me to the grocery store?" she asks.

I nod. Fresh air sounds good.

I change into some of Alicia's clothes. I hope they sell cellphones in the store. Mine got taken when I got kidnapped. Suppose they didn't want me to livestream in their secret base. Pity.

Alicia grabs the keys and a bag. She opens the door and steps out.

Then there's an explosion.

Right by the doorway.

Alicia falls back into the house. I try to catch her but too late. Her body lays on the floor unconscious.

I freeze.

"No."

I can't move. My vision gets blurry. What in the world is going on? Focus. I need to do something. I push myself back to reality.

I turn to Alicia and check her pulse. She's alive, just knocked out. Thank god.

I pull her unconscious body away from the doorway. Away from whatever the hell is out there.

As much as I'd love to stay here hiding, I have to do something. Staying here would put Alicia into danger too. And I can't risk it.

I look around. And see a knife lying on the counter in the kitchen. I grab it without thinking.

I peak out of the doorway, ready to kill anyone on the other side. I see 2 men. And 3 more men. They're all wearing masks and holding guns.

Holy crap. I try not to think. Just act. You can do it. You got this. I'll have a lot of time to think when I'm dead.

Using my powers I take down 3 of the men. I can't really feel the capacity of my strength right now, they could be dead. But I don't really care at the moment.

The other 2 guys realize what's going on. They yell something and aim their guns at me. I take cover behind the door.

There are shots. I wait for them to stop so I can attack. Once the quiet comes I go at one of the men and stab the knife through his right hand.