Part 8

I lie on the floor, back pressed harshly on the cold stone. The room itself isn't cold, at least I don't notice it. Honestly, I don't notice anything around me. My mind is stuck in time a few hours back. The training.

I could barely focus on the rest of the practice, just copying the moves other trainees were doing. I must've looked like I'd seen a ghost. After the training I ran to the showers. I had to wash it all off me. Whatever it was. Everything that reminded me of what had happened. Obviously it didn't help. Made it worse actually. I can still feel the butterflies rushing around in my stomach, killing me with even the smallest movement. Like the damn spring had arrived.

How could I let this happen? It would've been so easy to avoid it all, get done with my job here, and fly away to some interesting European country for a change. Italy? Spain? You name it. But no. Miss girl named 'Love' had to ruin it all.

I can't lie here anymore. My brain is overwhelmed. I need out. I sit up quickly, blood starting to circulate in my body again. I throw a quick glance at the clock, which is showing 6:58pm. My stomach growls, reminding me of food. Yeah, I'd take something tasty right now. I don't remember the last time I ate. I actually don't remember anything. I push myself up from the floor, happy to find a distraction.

I'm wearing the same clothes I wore before practice, maybe I could ask someone for clean ones? Jemma? She certainly wouldn't mind helping me, and maybe, if she has time, she can eat with me.

I wander around in the hallways. Damn, they really should give me a map or something. Why am I always put in rooms stuffed away in the darkest corners of the building? I guess gut feeling it is.

I turn right and see an opened door, two people inside. They could definitely at least give me a direction. I knock lightly on the door, not wanting to just barge in. The man turns around and smiles, recognizing me. I think his name was Hunter? Anyway, the guy who helped me find Alicia.

As Hunter starts coming towards me, the woman turns around too. I don't remember too clearly, but I'm pretty sure she was with the team on the plane when I escaped.

Hunter smiles and wants to.. fist bump me? "Leah! How're you?" he asks, looking genuinely curious. I can already feel his positive vibes transferring over to me. However, I'm still a little cautious of the woman behind him. "I'm doing great, thanks for asking," I reply politely.

The woman finally reaches us, eyeing me with a small smile on her face. "I'm agent Bobbi Morse, but you can call me Bobbi. Suppose you're Leah Miller then?" she asks for confirmation. "We haven't officially met yet." She stretches out a hand. I nod and shake it.

"I'm looking for Jemma, do you guys know where she may be?" I ask. Bobbi nods. "So you weren't here for me?" Hunter frowns jokingly before Bobbi gets to answer. I shrug. "Sorry to disappoint you, I guess," I go along. Bobbi rolls her eyes. "I think Jemma should be in the lab, she said she's got a few things to finish off," she says.

"Yeah, thanks. The thing is, I don't know where the lab is," I explain. I figured she'd be there anyway.

"Why didn't anyone give you a map?" Bobbi asks, confused. "This place is a maze."

"Yeah, exactly what I though," I nod.

" Well maybe we can help you," Hunter offers before Bobbi gets to say anything else. Right, he's here too. That may not even be a horrible idea.

"I mean, if you want to have dinner with me, sure."

Hunter looks at Bobbi. "Let's help the poor girl out, eh?" Bobbi smiles and nods. "We were thinking about getting food anyway," she turns to me. "So why not? Do you want to cook?" Oh well, why the hell not?