Part 9

I hurriedly pull on my sneakers and rush towards the door. I can't be late. Can't. It's already 3:54 and I might need more than 6 minutes to find the right place. Shouldn't have taken the damn nap.

I run through the hallway while trying to tie my hair up. Yes. I found it. I try to catch my breath before opening the door.

There is a couple of people talking in a group, but definitely not everyone is here yet. The clock on the wall shows 3:58. Thank god I am already dressed. Though, I should probably thank Bobbi for that. I woke up to a big pile of clothes, water bottles and a couple of protein bars by my bed.

I automatically straighten my back as agent Hall steps in. And Daisy behind her. What is she doing here again?

I walk to stand in the line with the others, focusing on Hall. Whatever Daisy's here for, it's none of my problem. Perhaps, if I pretend she's not here, I won't be bothered. Hall gives us a short introduction to today's class. Apparently the same thing as yesterday. Yay.

I choose the same spot as last time. From the corner of my eye I see Daisy coming towards me. Right as she opens her mouth to speak, the door bursts open. Everyone in the room turns their head to find the source.

In the doorway stands Bobbi, eyes filled with horror. She scans through the room til her eyes meet Daisy's, flickering to mine for just a second. My heart skips a beat as I search her face for answers. What is going on?

She gestures Daisy to follow her and they both run out the door, Bobbi quietly mumbling something to the other. I want to run after them. I have never seen anyone so terrified. It's like someone had died. Maybe someone did die.

Nobody else seems to care much. Agent Hall looks more alert, but even if she is worried she doesn't show it.

After a quick decision I sprint towards the door, not wanting to give Hall the time to react. I don't know where they went, I suddenly realize. Well. Too late to stop now.

I try calling for them. Can't have gotten that far. No answer.

I turn left and jog through the halls, checking as many rooms as possible on my way. Unfortunately, a lot of the doors are closed.

After 20 minutes I give up. I'm totally out of breath, legs turning into jelly. Feels like I ran an entire marathon.

There's a problem now. How do I get back? I switched floors so many times that I have no idea where I am. My gut tells me I'm somewhere on the lower half. There aren't many doors here, plus the entire floor is giving me weird vibes.

As I walk back to the stairs I hear familiar voices behind one of the doors. I press my ear against it, hoping for any clues to what's going on.

There's Coulson. Arguing with someone. I don't recognise them, but I've definitely heard the tone before.

Then I hear Daisy's voice. It's.. weak and empathic.

There's an internal conflict going on in my head. Go in or not? Maybe there's a dead body in there. I shouldn't mess with stuff like that. I'm here for one reason. This is none of my business.

But maybe I can help. If the person isn't dead yet, I can heal them. I can save a life. Might as well give it a go.

I grab the link with a shaky hand and push the door slightly open. I do this as quietly as possible. But it's enough for everyone in the room to turn their attention towards me.

I scan the room for anyone laying down, needing my help. But there's no one. Besides all the people, there's a big glass box with a weird stone in it.

I then turn to the people. Looks like the entire Coulson's team is here. Except Jemma and the woman Bobbi told me about, I think it was May?