Part 11

"Wake up! You have to come with us, quick," somebody yells behind my door. God damn, let the girl rest for once. Then the door opens and I hear someone come in.

I open my eyes to see Bobbi and Daisy hovering over my bed, trying to get me up. Still half-asleep, I push myself up from bed.

"What's going on?"

Daisy hands me a pile of clothes. "We need you for something. Get dressed. We leave in 5." Who's going to tell her that was the most unhelpful crap ever?

Nonetheless, I take the clothes and hurry to the bathroom to get changed. There're not clothes from my own pile but whatever.

Daisy and Bobbi are already waiting for me outside my room. I throw my previous set of clothes on the bed and follow them.

We sprint through a bunch of hallways, as always, until we get to some weird sealed doors. Bobbi swipes a card or something and the doors open.

Whoa.

There's a massive garage-like hall, filled with all kinds of different planes and machines. And in the middle of it all, a huge-ass aircraft. Like. Very big.

Suddenly, Daisy yanks me forward by my hand. "We don't have time, come on."

We get on the big plane. It really is massive. This would be an amazing place to play hide-and-seek at.

Daisy lets my hand go, but keeps walking. I should follow her then, I guess? We get to an area with lots of screens and people. Bobbi and Mackenzie are there, and so is Coulson. Or director Coulson, I suppose.

He notices us right away. "Great, you took your time." Sarcasm. My specialty. Then he waves to the pilot, who nods and turns towards all these cool switches and levers he's got there. Probably to take off.

"Hey, don't blame it on me, she's the slow one," Daisy gestures to me. Bitch.

Director Coulson then turns to me. "I apologize for dragging you along with this so suddenly, but it seemed like the best option at the time. You might want to sit down," he adds as the plane shakes a little and I have to grab the railing to keep my balance.

"I'm good, thanks," I mumble. If they're standing, so am I. "What is "this", if I may know?" I ask with a little louder tone.

"There's been an accident and people are hurt. We need your powers." What am I, a Power Ranger?

After around 20 minutes we land. 10/10 flying experience. This flight was so smooth. I wouldn't even notice I'm on a plane if I didn't know. Except I almost fell over once. But that didn't happen.

As we prepare to get off, director Coulson hands me a bulletproof vest and an earpiece. I take them from him, a bit confused with the first. He must've noticed, because he says: "Just in case. The threat is still running free in the building. You're here to help the hurt, we're here to make sure there will be no more hurt."

I nod and put the vest on. Although I can use my powers to heal myself, I should save the energy for helping others.

Daisy walks up to me while loading a small handgun. Okay, no. I do not have a good feeling about any of this.

"Ready, Miller? You have to stay close to me. Don't worry, it's not as dangerous as it looks." She gives me a quick reassuring smile.

Did she just call me by my last name? "I'm not scared," I defend myself.

"Yeah, sure, that's also what your face says."

I roll my eyes as the airlock of the plane opens. A bunch of agents dressed in all black run towards a 15-story building. Yeah, not dangerous at all. We follow up after them, me running as close to Daisy as possible. What happened here? And why is S.H.I.E.L.D. dealing with that instead of basic police?