A Friendship Sundered

It was a brand new day in Magix. Blaire for some reason got up early today, but it only brightened her mood when she saw the clear skies through her window. 

What a beautiful day, a perfect day. She thought as she gazed outside. A little bird came up to her and sat on her windowsill. "Why hello there." She cooed at the bird as she tickled under its neck with her finger and the bird chitters before it flew off into the sky. 

"Come on, wake up Lola." Blaire said as she pat her little pet's head as she went to the bathroom to get ready.

After getting ready for the day she took Lola in her arms and went to Bloom's dorm room to wake her up. "Good morning!" She yelled as she opened the door.

"Oh!" Flora yelped in surprise, making her drop the clothes she was folding into her suitcase 

"Sorry." Blaire said.

"It's okay and good morning to you too." Flora said.

"Is Bloom still sleeping?" Blaire asked.

"Yep, and she seems to be having quite the dream." Flora said and Blaire looked towards her sister who was tossing and turning and muttering something.

"Bloom...Bloom…" Blaire called as she tried to wake up her sister and Lola tried to wake Bloom up from her sleep with kisses.

"What-- what do I have to remember?" Bloom said as she woke up.

"Uh...maybe the fact that it's a holiday today, but you should get up. It's  a beautiful  day today and there's no point wasting it by staying in bed." Blaire said, dragging Bloom out of bed.

"Hey guys. And hello to you too Lola, thanks for the early morning kisses." Bloom said as she fought against Blaire to at least sit down on her bed which made her younger sister pout while Lola barked happily.

"Sleep talking. What is it that you absolutely have to remember?" Flora asked.

"Yeah Bloom, what?" Blaire asked.

"Uh, I don't know. It was such a weird dream. Where are you going?" Bloom asked.

"I'm going home. Today is the day of the rose. It's a special day here in Magix, no classes." Flora said as they walked out of the dorm room.

"What's the day of the rose?" Bloom asked.

"It's a special day where everybody celebrates their own mother. Don't you have a holiday like that on earth?" Techna asked as she packed.

"Oh yes, but we call it mother's day." Blaire said.

"Are you going home you guys?" Flora asked.

"No, I don't think we will." Bloom said.

"Well then you can keep us company." Stella said as she and Musa walked out.

****

The four girls ate their food in the empty cafeteria of Alfea.

"There's only Griselda left. All the teachers have cleared right off." Stella said.

"You bet." Mr Whizzgizz said and the girls looked towards him.

"Mr Whizzgizz." Bloom said.

"You're going to?" Stella asked.

"And why not? Can't I have..a mother." He said and a rose appeared on his overalls.

"Cheerio!" He said as he skipped away.

"What a guy." Musa said.

"And why aren't you guys going home?" Stella asked.