The Witches' Downfall

As the group trudged through the forest on the path to Magix, Blaire was practicing her magic by creating balls of light and holding it until she no longer could before trying again but as she practiced she had to be mindful of the fact that she should not risk their cover and yet with every attempt she felt herself growing more confident as she tried.

"Are you sure this is the right way to Magix?" Bloom asked.

"It's the safest. The Black Mud Swamp will provide good cover." Sky replied.

"I wonder what we'll find in Magix?" Blaire spoke as she closed her palms making the light in her hand disappear.

"One thing at a time Blaire, let's think about getting there first." Stephan said.

"You guys...I'm scared." Bloom said as she came to a halt. "I can't go on I feel like a burden." She said as she sat on a nearby rock.

"Oh Bloom...I know how you feel. But you have to remember that we've spent our whole life not knowing that we had special powers." Blaire said as she sat next to her trying to comfort her.

"And that's exactly why. I used to think that the people I grew up with are my parents...our parents then I find out it's not true and that you're not even real sisters and I begin a new life and my powers are snatched away from me." Bloom said.

Blaire's eyes widened as Bloom said they were not "real sisters". It stung and she didn't even know what to say about it and she just realised that she's never actually thought about it.

"Bloom you are who you are with or without magic powers." Sky said as Stephan placed his hand on Blaire's shoulder in comfort.

"What should I do now?" Bloom sighed.

"You get up and we all get to Magix and with luck there should be someone there who can give us a hand." Sky said prompting the girls to get up and follow him through the swamp.

As they walked Stephan walked up to Blaire as he noticed that she was looking a little dejected.

"You okay?" He asked.

"She said that we're not real sisters...it's never really come to mind until now." She replied.

"I'm sure that's not what Bloom really feels about you, she's just been through a lot." He said.

"And I haven't?!" She snapped.

"Of course you have but right now you're not exactly powerless." He said.

"Gee...I feel so much better, but please go on to tell me that as if you haven't forgotten but I can't transform!" She huffed.

"Blaire, listen." Stephan chuckled as he put his hands on her shoulders. "Being a fairy...being a warrior isn't just about what's in your head but it's also about what's in your heart, get those two in sync and I promise you that you'll be back to full fairy power before you know it. For now just focus on you for now everything else can sort itself out. Okay?" He spoke.

"...Okay." She smiled.

"Kyu." Lola licked her cheek in comfort making Blaire giggle as she felt much better.

****

It was getting dark which means it'll be hard to move forward as visibility is lessened, so Sky and Stephan decided it'll be best to camp out so they were quick start a fire to keep them warm.

"Maybe we should've kept going?" Bloom muttered as they all sat around the fire.

"Bloom, you need to sleep. I'm sure you'll fel better tomorrow morning we've got a big day ahead of us and we're gonna need all the energy we can get." stephan replied.