•𝖫𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝖺𝗍 𝖥𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖲𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍•

Fluff

༻✦༺

"I'm coming!" You shouted. Your voice bounced off the walls of your bathroom while you finished applying the last of your makeup look.

There was another bang on the door, nearly causing you to poke yourself in the eye with your mascara, "Hurry up (y/n), the Uber is here!" Your best friend Padmè's loud muffled voice slipped through the cracks of the door.

You groaned in annoyance at her impatience and applied your makeup even quicker.

Finally, once you were satisfied and before Padmè could interrupt you again; you threw your makeup into your bag and grabbed it before exiting the bathroom.

She smirked upon seeing you. She eyed you up and down, taking in the red cocktail dress that complimented your body type perfectly, "You look so hot (y/n). If I wasn't already married, I'd marry you," She hyped you up with an excited smile. She has always been your number one fan, and you hers; ever since you both were four years old, "Daniel is going to regret ever leaving you for that trashy bitch."

Your eyes widened and a familiar knot tightened in your stomach at the mention of your ex. The same ex that left you barely two weeks ago for another woman. You still weren't over it and the idea of seeing him so soon was close to torture.

"He's going to be at the club?" You asked in a panicked voice. Your anxiety rose significantly and you were already thinking about how comfortable your couch looks.

Padmé sighed sympathetically with a single nod, "Satine is there and she just texted me a few minutes ago letting me know that she saw him there with-" She paused to try and save you some heartache, but it was too late, you already knew he was with her.

"Screw this," You tossed your makeup bag onto your bed and spun around to face the closet, "I'm staying home." You stubbornly told her, already imagining which onesie you're going to wear while you binged a Netflix show. Cheetah print, it was the softest and most comforting to you.

But Padme didn't allow you to get far, she quickly gripped your arm and turned you back around, "Absolutely not," She spoke sternly, shattering your daydream of solace, "You are not staying home to watch your sappy love shows all night. It's your birthday and we're celebrating the life of my favorite person in the world."

You wanted to fight against her demand, but you knew there was a very low chance of you winning. She's more stubborn than you and would drag you out by your hair if she had to. Padmé always wanted the best for you and she knew that if she allowed you to stay, all you'll do is wallow in heartache. She didn't want that for you, she was begging to see you smile again. Tough love was her only way to accomplish that.

You sighed in defeat just as she released your arm, "Can we at least go to a different club?" You asked, grabbing your purse and placing the thin black strap over your shoulder.

Your best friend shook her head, "We've been going to that club since we both turned twenty-one. It's our place, our tradition, and we're not gonna let some womanizing sleaze ruin that for us." She grabbed your wrist gently and pulled you towards the door, you reluctantly allowed her, "Trust me (y/n), I have a feeling that this will be a birthday to remember."

You had to admit, despite your current broken heart, you were having the time of your life. You were already well past tipsy and have yet to empty your pockets to buy a single drink. Padme and Satine were dragging you around the bar, announcing that it's your twenty-fifth birthday to everyone you encounter - thus resulting in free drinks.