chp 22

attention.
this chapter again there will be a tiny bit of french but no worries i will also provide the translation.

the next day jack had decided to join coco on her trip to the hospital to visit him as it was his last day there.

brooks and coco decided that they were going to stay at their townhouse in new york for the 2 weeks it was going to take brooks to recover and brooks parents decided they were going to stay with them instead of going back to france right away.

juliet was taking her grandparents around new york so that they could stock the house with food for those next couple weeks and anything else they needed.

the three of them made their way around the grocery store picking out food and essentials.

they quickly found what they needed and checked out "ok les gars allons y" (ok guys let's go) juliet said picking up a few of the bags and leasing them to the town car waiting outside.

the three of them sat in the car driving to their next destination. juliet thought about her friends and if they were wondering what she was doing.
juliet had called tay after she landed in new york to fill her in on things so she wasn't sure if she had filled in their other friends but she decided to text them just in case.

keep it in the family gc

juliet
sorry for being a little flakey
i am totally fine but i am in new york rn

montero
girl what?

alexa
what's up lovie?

juliet
the day after we got back from miami my mom called and said my dad had a heart attack so me and jack flew out right away

doja
oh no girl
is he ok??

alexa
how is he doing?

montero
juliet i'm so sorry is your dad fine?

juliet
yes guys no worries
doctor said he's gonna be totally fine within a couple weeks
but it was very scary

montero
oh juliet
i'm so glad
tell you're dad we're thinking about him

alexa
oh hunny sorry you had to go thru that
but so glad everything fine💓

doja
glad alls well
and glad jacks there to support you

juliet
love you guys ty🥺
should be back home to la within a couple days
see you then

juliets grandparents were very slow and even more indecisive people so shopping them for clothing that they needed took longer than expected but they eventually finished so the day.
on their way back coco called and said that brooks should be discharged and home by the end of the day.

as they drove through the city juliet stared out the window and let out a deep breath.
juliet wondered how things went between jack and her parents at the hospital today.
juliet and jack were originally supposed to help her grandparents shop together but jack insisted that he really felt like he needed to visit brooks and said that he wanted to talk to him alone.

a few minutes later there driver parked in front of the house helping juliets grandparents out of the car and mary came out of the townhouse to help juliet unload the groceries.

juliet helped her grandparents settle into the couch in the living room and poured them each a small glass of wine. she also went into the kitchen to help mary put away groceries and let her know what her grandparents wanted for dinner.

juliet grabbed her purse and heading up to her room ready to relax from the stress of the past couple days.

as she scaled the steps and walked up to her door she noticed a bouquet of lilacs on the floor right outside the door.
confused she picked them up and open the door.

as soon as did she was hit with the sweet smell of lilacs.

she looked over the bedroom that had once seemed grey and depressing last night was bright and full of life.
the room was absolutely filling with giant bouquets of lilacs and lilac petals littering the floor.
the room was also filled with lit candles.

juliet stood in the doorway very puzzled at what had happened to her room and she slowly made her way deeper into the bedroom.

as she rounded the corner she saw him.
jack was kneeling down in a pile of lilac petals looking like he was gonna cry.

"jack what is-" juliet tried getting out before jack said "juliet please let me get this out because it's been in my head all day and i can't finally wait. i love you so much. and all i want to do in continue loving you till the day i die."

juliets eyes started to fill with tears realizing what was happening.

"you make me so happy. what you said yesterday hit me hard. we have no idea how much time we have left and tomorrows never guaranteed. i couldn't imagine spending one more day without you. you are my best friend. my favorite person. my biggest supporter. my soulmate. and hopefully will be my wife." jack said looking up at her so lovingly.

juliet was smiling so wide right now holding her chest and holding back tears.

he reached behind him and pulled out a small box opening it up revealing the most beautiful engagement ring she had ever seen.

"juliet, will you marry me?" jack said presenting the ring to her.

juliets lip started to quiver and she let her tears fall down. "of course i will!" she yelled out.
juliet held her hand out, shaking, as jack slid the ring onto her finger.

he stood up and juliet jumped into his arms kissing him. she wrapped her legs around his waist and he held her up.
she let herself melt into his body and she held on tight like she never wanted to let go.

the two of them stood there kissing in that room for what felt like forever.
when they finally pulled away juliet looked into his bright blue eyes and she saw a couple tears fall from them.
she giggled and wiped them away for jack and he did the same for her.

"i love you so much." juliet said looking into his big eyes. she meant it so much right now. like she had never meant it as much as she did right now.

"i love you too juliet" jack said kissing her and bringing her in tight.