chp 30

"ok and you have a meeting with the fenty team tomorrow afternoon and a fitting with the designer on tuesday for the gala." tabby said as she followed juliet into brooks and cocos house.

"good morning girls!" coco said as she opened the door and hugged them both.

"hi mommy" juliet said hugging her. "is dad here or is he still in new york?"

"oh he got back in last night, he's been in and out of his office all day." coco said leasing them into the dinning room.

juliet nodded as she took a seat next to tabby at the table.

"ok girls now we really need to start finalizing these wedding plans today."

juliet sighed. she was so excited to marry jack but she had been feeling suffocated by her mom lately who was taking the wedding into her own hands.
sometimes juliet felt like her mom cared more about the wedding day than her daughters actual marriage.

"so i know you said that you wanted a dark green and gold color scheme for the decor but i just thinks that's a little too heavy sweetie. so i called the venue and told them we would prefer lavender and blush." coco said.

"but mom that's not what i agreed to."

"oh i know sweetie but i just want your wedding day to look perfect. you like that better anyway right?"

juliet sighed and shook her head no.

"and i know that we are planning on going wedding dress shopping next weekend but... i had my favorite designer fly in a few new designs early so you could see them" coco said as she quickly left the room and came back holding a few wedding dresses.

"but mom i was really looking forward to shopping for it" juliet said frowning.

"oh but sweetie look at theses aren't they so beautiful?" coco said bringing them over to juliet.

"i mean i guess but shopping for the dress was the thing i was the most excited for in this process"

"but now you don't have to! i know you're a busy girl so i just picked out your options for you!" coco said smiling and running her finger around the lace trim.

"mom!" juliet complained. "you're not listening to me! i wanted to pick out my own wedding dress. i'm not going to wear those."

"why can't you just be grateful juliet?" coco said frowning and putting the dresses down. "i'm trying so hard to make this day perfect. why can't you just accept my help?"

"because you're not helping me. you're controlling everything. this is mine and jacks day not yours."

"juliet stop acting like a child!" coco said raising her voice.
as she did brooks made his way into the dinning room.

"woah woah what's the yelling for?" brooks asked.

juliet groaning and put her hands on her head.

"juliet refuses to accept my help. i've worked for hard to plan everything." coco said. "there she goes making everything about her" she said under her breath.

juliet was completely fed up " because it is about me!" she yelled standing up. "this is mine and jacks wedding, our relationship. and you're completely controlling everything! and changing everything i want!"

"now juliet you're mom is just trying to help, she wants to feel involved." brooks said trying to calm them down.

"but i never asked her to! as soon as i got engaged she started planning this wedding immediately. this isn't your wedding!"

"juliet treat your mother with more respect than that" brooks said taking a stern tone.

"how can i when she doesn't respect me? she's changing everything i what and making it her own."

coco yelled and stomped out of the room.

juliet was in disbelief how her mom was completely hijacking her wedding.
coco always had the habit of over stressing about big events and micromanaging every detail but for her to ignore and change every juliet and jack had requested, she was hurt and confused.

"you need to apologize to your mom. and my lawyer called me AGAIN and said you refused to go down to his office to look at the prenup i had him write up for you." brooks said.

"oh my god! you too? i'm not apologizing to her. and i told you i don't want a prenup you made that decision on your own after i told you no. you're just as bad as her!" juliet said storming out of the house fumming.

tabby gave brooks a small smile as she quickly followed behind juliet.

juliet was still mad as she dropped tabby off back at her apartment.
she picked up her phone and called jack.

"hey babyyy" jack said picking up right away.

"where are you right now?" juliet quickly asked.

"i'm just hanging out at the studio alone why? what's up? you sound upset are you ok?" jack said sounding concerned.

"i'm so fucking mad right now. i'm coming to the studio now" she said immediately hanging up the phone before jack could say anything else.

"hey love" jack said coming out of the studio and wrapping her up in a tight hug.

she melted into his arms. "can we just go inside please?"

jack nodded and led her inside. as soon as jey got in there juliet sat on the couch, bringing her legs up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them.

"god my parents are the fucking worst" she said as jack sat down next to her and rubbed her knee.

"juliet don't say that you're parents are great" jack said trying to comfort her. "what happened?"

"i let over so that my mom could talk about wedding stuff. and she completely changed the colors we agreed on and she picked out my wedding dress for me already. my own fucking wedding dress!" juliet ranted.

"i just want this day to special. just celebrate you and me and my mom was making everything about her."

jack nodded and pulled her onto his lap.
juliet slowly started letting her tears out.

"and then my dad was completely taking her side and brought up that stupid fucking prenup again. i've called his lawyer so many times i don't feel the need to have you sign a prenup."

jack racked his hand through her hair gently. "i told you if it would make things better with you parents i would sign one." jack said.

"no neither of us actually want one or feel the need for it. you're the person i ever want to be with, we don't need one" juliet said finally calming down.

"i know lovie" jack said kissing the top of her head. "all i want is you. i don't need any of that extra stuff or anyone else."

juliet looked up at him and slowly kissed him.

"i love you"

"i love you too"