Chapter 6 Calm before the storm

Nari POV

Waking up, I saw I was in one of the guest rooms in the Camelot Castle. Confused, I tried getting up, but I couldn't.

'Why can't I get-... Oh.'

While thinking this, I see Skrael's arm around me. I look behind me to see him peacefully sleeping. Smiling, I move his hair out of his face, and carefully get out of his arms, replacing myself with a pillow.

'Now to get ready for a tiring day!'

I silently leave the room, to find mine. About ten minutes later, I did. Grabbing the wanted hair supplies, I make the journey back. It took less time, and thankfully Skrael hasn't woken up yet.

'Ok, now to look better than the soon to be day.'

Skrael POV

I woke up to hugging a pillow and a few grunts from Nari. Sitting up, I see she's trying to do her hair, and failing miserably. She has her bed hair poofing up her hair in all angles, and a hair brush stuck on the top.

"Want me to help?"

She jumped and turned around, shock melting away at my sight.

"You scared me. Yes please!" She said, mumbling the first part.

Sighing, I got off the bed and went over to her, pulling her over to the bed to sit. She complied and sat facing away from me.

"What are you going for exactly?"

"Better than the expected day."

"Ahh, gotcha."

Nari POV

"Hey Nari, Skreal, you awake?" I hear Douxie say from outside the door.

"Yep! Come in!" I replied.

Douxie walks in, right after Skrael said he was done. I see Douxie, wave to him, and get up to look in the mirror.

"Hey, how are you guys? Do you sleep well?"

"Wow Douxie, I thought Bell was the mom. Are you taking her place?"

"No-"

"Gah!!"

"No-one takes that roll from me"

I was looking in the mirror before Bell showed up. Skrael put in a side bun that curls around one of my antlers. Content with the look, I walked out after Bell showed up, to see Douxie in Bell's arms, confused.

"How did I even get here? I was by Skrael, on the other side of the room"

"You accidentally teleported."

"Ooohhh. That makes sense."

Giggling, I walk up to Bell and reach up for her to pick me up. Complying, she sets down Douxie and puts me on her waist.

"What's with the cute hair little one?"

"So this day will be a little better." I say innocently

"You think it will be that bad huh.?" Douxie says, his chin resting on top of Skrael's head, with his arms wrapped around his shoulders.

"Yep!"

"Well then, no point in hiding, now that we're here. Unless someone wants to join me by jumping off the side?" Skrael said with half sarcasm

"Skrael, no suicide jokes." Bell said sternly

"It wasn't that bad. From what Douxie says, I'm just being a teenager." Skrael defends