Chapter 15 A Call

Krel POV

"Aja I don't need a break, I'm fine." I tell her, trying to pull out of her grip from her dragging me to the designated living room.

"Little brother, I know you better than your boyfriends do right now, so don't you dare lie to me like that again." Aja says, opening the door to the living room and pulling me inside before shutting It.

"I'm-"

"Another lie of 'being fine' and I punch you."

Sighing, I slump back into the cushions of one of the couches. "I don't know what I'm supposed to do. It feels wrong to wait but I can't do anything with my tech."

She comes to sit next to me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Then stop looking for him." I move away from her, feeling hurt and offended.

"I mean it'll be more likely that the ones with magic find Claire and Douxie than you right now. So instead of hurting yourself trying to find him, use your brilliant mind to win the next battle against magic."

I slump farther into the couch. "Yeah, I see what you're saying."

It looks like she's going to say more when Bellroc comes inside the room with something in her arms. It pulls both of our attention and we get up to see what they're setting down onto another couch. I gasp and rush over when I see it's Skrael, holding him in my arms and feeling how frozen he is.

"I found him like that in that forest. He sent me a distress signal I believe right before he passed out. Krel, would you mind stopping him from using magic for a while? He's using more than he should in such a short period of time.." Bellroc asks.

"Yeah, I'll ask him." I say, burying my face into his neck.

You're not supposed to get hurt like this Snowflake. I don't think I could protect you and save Douxie at the same time... He's not just freezing, his skin is unnaturally ice blue for him, and ice is crawling up his face. His fingers are turning black-ish too.

Aja and Bellroc move a bit away to talk, Nari opening the door and walking in herself. She comes over to me and Skrael when she notices we're in here.

"Not just a 'I'm tired of my room' visit, huh." She asks, folding her arms and popping out her hip.

"I got dragged out by Aja and Skrael got brought in by Bellroc."

"What'd he do?" She sits beside me, placing an arm on Skrael, hesitating for a second after touching his skin.

"Got tired while searching. He sent a distress signal to Bellroc for help." She hisses in dislike.

"So he's an idiot." I nod, putting my chin on his head.

" 'm not 'n idiot, just acting stupid." Skrael says, shifting to hug me back.

"You're Klebing right, you're acting stupid." I say, holding him impossibly closer.

"You're not gonna let me outside are you." He asks, looking up at me.

"Nope."

"You two are on hous—er Castle arrest." Jim says, walking in with Dr. Lake, Strickler and Archie.

"Not you?" I ask

"No I am, but now both of you two are too." I roll my eyes.

"Of course we are."

"Doux' probably smack us up the head and glare at us if he were here." Skrael mumbles loud enough for me to hear.

"Yeah.. Any news on anything yet? It's been nearly two months." I ask Loud enough for the room to hear.