|Chapter 11| a long drive

Y/N POV

Ow my heads killing me. I thought to myslef once I fully woke up. I tried to get up but was pulled back with a soft groan. What the hell? I managed to turn around to see...Wilbur? He was clearly asleep. In my bed. Cuddling me. Why is he- why is he in my room?! My face lights up in a deep red. I couldn't move at all due to him having his arms around me. He had something on the side eof his face, it looked like a crimson red color. What even is that? Not long after I noticed the spot Wilbur pulled me closer to his chest. I was mentally freaking out, I didn't want to wake him but still. I wanted to get up because I have work today, I think? What time even is it? I forcely moved my hand to where I could see it. Thursday 6:45a.m. shit I'm late.

"Wilbur." I softly say.

"Mhmm." He response clearly not fully awake.

"I'm late for work I need to leave." Wilbur buries his face in my shoulder

"Noooo you can't leave me." He muffled from my shoulder.

"I do, I have work."

"No, you can never leave me." He said while he is half-awake, I don't know why he won't let me go. I need to go to work.

"Please..Wilbur I need the money." Wilbur didn't respond, he just sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"Fineee. But let me drive you."

"Okay! Just please be quick." I hopped off the bed and went outside to his car he trails very far behide. With my phone in hand. "Oh thank you."

"Your so forgetful Y/n." He hands me my phone, and unlocks the car door, we both enter. I open my phone up which showed a end call screen which the person had the name of my boss. Did he call my boss? It would make since why it took him so long to come back out. I don't know I'll ask him on the way there. Wilbur starts the car and starts the drive.

"Hey Wilbur?"

"Mhm?"

"Did you call my boss? I'm just wondering because I don't remember him calling me or me calling him." Wilbur looked puzzled at me.

"Don't you remember you called him before you went to sleep."

"Oh sorry I guess I forgot." I giggled awkwardly

"Weird question." Wilbur broke the silence. "What kind of music just makes you fall asleep." He asked but it sounded more of a statement than a question.

"Uhm i guess instrumental? I mean it's reasonable doesn't everyone fall asleep to that kind of music? And why did you ask that?" I laugh, Wilbur didn't. "Wilbur..?"

"Oh I'm sorry I spaced out for a bit." He sighed and continue to drive. I look out my window greeted by an unfamiliar setting.

"This doesn't look like the way to my work Wilbur." I said. He stayed quiet. I remember the dream I had. Was it a dream though? It felt so real. Especially that horrid stench. "I had the weirdest dream." Wilbur kept quiet. "I wonder if James is ok. He hasn't texted me anything since Tuesday." The car was filled with a long uncomfortable silence. Wilbur just is focused on the road. I sigh and contuine to look out the window. But it seems the more I look the more new areas I see. Are we even going to my work? I look at my watch. 7:30a.m. we should have been there by now.

"Y/n."

"Yeah?"

"I have something to ask you. And say the absolute truth." My heart rate speeds up, what was he going to ask?

"Yeah..? What is it?" I turn to look at him.

"Uhm do you like anyone?"

"What kind of question is that?" I laugh. "No, not yet anyways." I yawn.

"You sure? Not even me." My face heats up, and I turn away back to the window. Wilbur sees this and bursts out into laughter. I soon follow him. "But no," He calms himself down. "Seriously, do you?" I think for a bit. Maybe? I haven't really thought about it before.

"Uhm I guess maybe? I-i don't know." We stayed quiet for I bit I looked back to Wilbur, who's nose was bleeding again. "Wilbur your nose is bleeding again!"

"I know." He spoke with a monotone voice. Creepy.

"How long until I get to work." Wilbur didn't say anything, I yawned again and looked forwards. I check the time again. 8:13a.m. "Wilby please I need to work." I call him a cutesy name. His face was colored a very bright pink, it didn't go away for awhile. Actually did it even appear when I gave the nickname? I lean forwards to look at his face. He had the deep blush as before, same with the nose bleed. His eyes looked...different? If that's what you call that. They had a familiar pink pupil sized heart. "Wilbur you good?" I chuckled.

"No."

"What?" Wilbur was quiet for a moment.

"No I'm not Y/n," Why is he saying this? "I'm too deeply in love with you." He looks me in the eyes, luckily we are stopped at a red light. I lightly, but more awkwardly laugh.

"Your lying. No ones even wanted to care for me in a long time." I sigh. "They only want me like the way James wants me. And your just doing a of this out of pity." The light changed from red to green and Wilbur moved the car forward.

"Why would I be doing this out of pity?"

"Everyone does." My eyes water up. "Once they see me and hear my story their only objective to make them feel like they did someone is to 'be friends' with me so I could be happy. Then they'd leave me once they thought they did what they wanted to do." I choke back tears.

"What makes you think I don't care?"

"I-i don't know I had a creepy dreamish more like a nightmare to be honest but you killed James in it and-" I was interrupted by Wilbur putting his hand on my mouth.

"Now why would I do that?" His voice shakes.

"Uhm Wilbur why do you sound nervous?" He didn't say anything. I pull out my phone to text James, I looked at the phone clock it said it was almost nine. I texted James at least 10 times, no response. I called him about the same amount of times as well. Nothing. He always responses to me. Well when ever I do text/call him. But nothing. My nerves shot up. Why wasn't he answering me? Was that not a nightmare like a thought. "W-wilbur did you k-k-kill him." I stuttered out. He didn't say anything. We were stopped, so I went to open the car door to just run away. Locked. "W-Wilbur..?" I ask. He didn't say anything again. He just sat up straight and looked at me, crouched in the corner of the passenger seat.

"So what if I killed him. He was being such a jerk to you." My whole body shakes. I can't move, not that I could anyways, the doors locked and my body's frozen.

"Nice joke Wilbur. I scared me there." I try to brush it of as a joke, it had to be, right?

"I'm not joking Y/n." He pauses. I look to where we are, there's nothing. Not a car in sight, not even a road. "This can go two ways. I'll let you pick the outcome."

"What are the two ways this can go..?" Wilbur smirks.

"You'll just have to find out." His face softens. What does he want me to even do?

A/n

And that's the end of this chapter lol look forward for the next one. Bye~!