36. Preparations

-Oliver-

-Oliver-

Later that day, once we all had rested a little, we got called to join everyone else in the Hall. Once we got there, there was a big line of people waiting for their turn to get inside, but we were escorted past it.

"What's going on?" I asked when we stepped through the doors and saw the line continuing down the hallway. There were three rooms, and those waiting in the line were stepping inside one by one.

"Everyone is getting a talisman," Aurora explained. "Come – Ray is waiting for us."

I was impressed at how quickly they had started producing the talismans. But we were in a hurry, and that talisman protected us all from minor shadows, so it was important to get one for everyone.

Our group walked past them into the Main Hall, where Rayleigh and Thisalee stood with the other alphas and their betas. I quickly noticed their outfits – long fur coats and nice suits. Thisalee was even wearing jewels around her neck. Some of the Alphas had their clan emblems painted on their left cheek.

"So... What's the occasion?" I asked on Jaden's behalf.

I glanced at my mate and read his thoughts. These clothes were meant for big events, or when they were expecting company. Other Alphas or important people in general.

"We are expecting visitors," Rayleigh said, looking nervous and giddy at the same time. "One could say once in a lifetime kind of visitors."

"We have gods popping in and out. There's peacekeepers waltzing in and out," I said, again speaking on Jaden's behalf. "What could be better than that?"

"Well these people are coming from the Castle of Lilith. Vampire witches," Rayleigh said, but couldn't continue.

"That's uh..." Arch said, trailed off with his eyes closed, thinking really hard. "That's the castle vampires stole from demons years ago."

"That's the one," Rayleigh nodded.

"The demons won the castle back a few years ago," Arch continued.

Rayleigh nodded again. "The castle is ruled by Queen Rianna, a royal demon, but it's not just demons who live there. You know Mother Heidi?"

"Uh-huh, one of the strongest witches of our time," Arch nodded.

"Show-off," Tilly muttered.

"Her family lives there, too. And the peacekeepers arranged a meeting with Mother Heidi and her mate, Wendell. They're coming to help us with securing our lands," Rayleigh said, his giddiness returning.

"You forgot to mention something," Thisalee said.

"Huh? Oh yes!" Rayleigh said and turned to us again. "Apparently, the Son of Lucifer also lives in the castle."