Stand Together, Part 2

Nico called it an intervention. Kayla called it free cupcake therapy with the doors guarded by skeletons. Will just rubbed his eyes tiredly.

"You two are the worst liars on the planet," Nico started after watching Kayla take four of the cupcakes (and there were only six...) and Will sit down without a word.

Kayla huffed through a mouth full of cupcake. "Dunno what you're talking about."

"You have icing on your face," Will smiled lightly, trying to change the topic before Nico headed wherever he was planning on heading.

"No changing the subject," Nico growled, "I want to know what's up."

"Nothing's up," Will and Kayla said in perfect and suspicious unison.

"We already established you're lying."

Kayla flipped him off.

"Not lying, Neeks. There's nothing going on and while the cupcakes are nice, the whole intervention thing is unnecessary."

"I disagree," Nico grumbled. "You love hanging out with Apollo."

"No I don't."

"No, he doesn't," Kayla added at the same time.

"You avoided him all day."

"Just...bad timing," Will waved it off. "We were busy today."

Nico wrapped Will in a hug. "Tell me what's up."

"You'll get hurt," Will protested weakly. He was terrible at not giving in to Nico when there were hugs involved. Kayla shot him a warning look that he missed.

"I can handle a lot, Solace. C'mon...tell me. Please?"

Will missed Kayla's frantic 'abort' expression and started whispering brokenly. She curled up with her last cupcake and looked at him in betrayal. At least Will didn't tell Nico about what Apollo had told her, but once Will had finished, both of them turned to look at her expectantly. She shook her head.

"Mnot saying."

"Kayls..."

She shook her head again. "Ts fine. You got what you wanted to know, Nico. Doesn't matter what he said to me."

"It does, kiddo."

"Not," she stood up. "Thanks for the cupcakes..." she mumbled and climbed out the window- confusing the skeletons guarding the doors. They tried to stop her and crashed into each other.

"She'll be at the beach," Will said softly.

Nico raised an eyebrow and nodded. "Sorry about locking you two in here," he gave Will a quick hug and shadow traveled to the beach.