Calling: Part 2

trigger warning for: medical practices, blood, stabbing

"Did you just- stab me?" Kayla looked down at the dagger and then up at the Hermes camper and then back down at the dagger. "As in actually stab me?"

No answer. Kayla gingerly pressed around the wound before looking back up. She watched his face carefully, how he didn't answer or react to her.

Sleepwalking.

"You've got to be kidding me."

It was her second night alone in the infirmary and she'd managed to get stabbed by a sleepwalker.

"I bet Will doesn't get stabbed. He'd probably be able to block the stupid dagger," she grumbled, pushing the camper out the infirmary door with one arm, and then locking it, so no other wayward sleepwalkers would attack her. She trusted he'd be able to find his own way back to the cabin. She had to fix herself up.

She double-checked the lock. If anyone was seriously injured or sick, they could knock. 

The dagger was starting to hurt.

"Right. I've healed this before. Just not on me. Same difference," Kayla whispered to herself as she hobbled to the back where they kept the supplies. "I got this. Healer. Heal the stab wound."

She fished out some bandages and antiseptic and stuffed them in her pocket. She grabbed a suture kid and an IV and hobbled back to one of the beds. Sitting down, she looked at the dagger again.

Her Apollo powers were telling her it was safe to pull out, but Kayla knew the minute she did, she was going to need to move fast to stop the bleeding. She gritted her teeth and pulled it out fast, trying to wiggle it as little as possible.

Ouch. Ow ow ow.

She did her best to ignore the pain. She didn't have time to cry right now- she had to keep going or she would definitely bleed out.

She couldn't help a few tears as she kept working.

It hurt.