Flower Gleam and Glow Pt. 3

"There you are!" Kayla waved Austin over. "And you found Will!"

"Sure did. I think he slept through the entire storm," Austin grinned, running over to his sister. "And I also found..." he trailed off and slipped her a packet of gummy worms.

Will liked to hide them around the infirmary and save them as enticement to get his siblings to clean their part of the cabin, or help out somehow. They worked like a charm on Kayla but she could never find where he stashed them.

"Where were they?" She asked, voice dropping quickly to a whisper. She kept a wary eye on Will to make sure he wouldn't notice the stolen pack of candy.

"There's no more in that spot anyway," Austin sat down beside her. "But you're welcome. Did Harley get the projector working yet."

"Nuh-uh. Something about the electricity. He gets all rambly and I don't understand half of what he says, but we still don't have a projector."

"It's getting kind of late. We have to start the movie soon if we want to finish it before dinner."

"Any chance we could all skip dinner?"

"Doubt Mr. D would let us."

"Chiron could override his decision, though, right?"

"Maybe..." Austin was silent for a moment and a look of realization crossed his face. "Or-" he whispered something into Kayla's ear.

Her eyes widened and she grabbed his arm, nodding. A grin spread across her face. "That's perfect."

"You think he'll mind?"

"He's here, isn't he? I bet he'd be totally fine with it."

"But it feels kind of mean," Austin whispered, suddenly feeling a bit bad about his suggestion.

"He can say no," Kayla shrugged. "But I don't think he'll mind too much if we promise not to make any jokes about it."

"Nico wanted to watch the movie with us. Will would do anything for him."

"We should get Nico to ask him."

"You think he would?"

"I bet you twenty drachmas I can get him to," Kayla grinned.

"I'm not taking that bet."