Flower Gleam and Glow Pt. 1

"Come on, Will," Kayla pleaded, jumping onto his bed and landing beside him. "I'm begging you."

"Absolutely not," Will laughed and shoved her off. "I will not be your nightlight for the Tangled movie party."

"But you're basically her."

"I am not," he huffed. "I'm a Luke Skywalker kind of guy."

Kayla raised an eyebrow and started laughing. "You absolutely are not. If you want to compare yourself to a fictional character, it should be Elmo."

Will sputtered. "Elmo??"

"You're the one who doesn't wanna watch Tangled with us."

"I never said I wouldn't watch. I just said I wouldn't be your night light. Just cuz my hair glows, doesn't mean I'm Rapunzel."

Kayla grumbled and stood up from the floor. "Fine. Spoilsport."

"Love you too," Will waved as she disappeared out the door. 

He laid back down on his bed, enjoying the silent moment. They were few and far between in the Apollo cabin, but Kayla had convinced all their siblings to set up for the movie tonight and he had the whole place to himself. He could do anything right now, but all he really wanted to do was sleep.

He slept. Will Solace was dead to the world. He didn't hear his siblings coming and going, he didn't hear the thunder or the pitter-patter of rain on the roof and windows, he didn't hear the grumbling and sad saxophone noises that Austin made, and he certainly didn't hear Kayla tell them the movie night was off.

When he finally woke up, he was alone in the cabin again. The others had all moved to the Demeter cabin to mourn the loss of their movie night.

"Oh crap- I'm gonna be late." He rolled off the bed and grabbed at his hoodie, slipping out of the cabin and blinking furiously. Everything was wet. 

"Rain?" He asked himself in confusion.