don't believe you

Sunday morning.

I woke up late as I had gone to bed in the early hours of the morning, and Valerie was with Blaise.

The post had already arrived, but it wasn't really anything important.

After forcing myself into the shower and getting in dressed in whatever I could pass as presentable, I decided to go to the library to catch up on some homework.

As I opened the door, I noticed a ring lying on the floor outside my dorm.

I picked it up, and after a close inspection I saw the 'F' that has been carved into the front.

Finn must have left it last night.

I was glad he had dropped it.

Not because he thought he would have lost it, but because it gave me an excuse to go see him again.

I'd have to do it later, because my mind was set on studying.

                                        ———

Time in the library seemed to go twice as slow as it usually did.

I had divination, herbology and defence against the dark arts work to do, but really, I just sat there with a quill in my hand the whole time.

My assignments were due the next day, but I couldn't focus at all, and as Valerie could tell you, that's not like me.

Eventually, I wrapped up two out of the three papers and decided that was enough for now.

When I left I checked the time :  5:30

Shit.

It was later than I thought.

Where would Finn be?

It was Sunday so no lessons, no detention, no tutoring - quidditch practice?

It was worth a try, even if he wasn't there.

I was nearly at the lockers  when I noticed a familiar face Peering out of the changing room door.

Mattheo.

We had managed to avoid each other since we 'broke up' , but it was still awkward.

Things ended pretty badly between us, but in my defence it was entirely his fault.

As I heard him say bye to someone, I knew I would have to go past him at some time very soon.

Might as well get it over with.

He stepped into the corridor and started walking towards me, as I did him.

He noticed me when he was halfway down the hallway.

No turning back now.

The corridor was a bit narrow, but we could still just pass if we planned it correctly.

As I approached him I realised we were both standing in the middle of the hallway.

I stood to my left, but then Theo stood to his right.

He went to his left while I went to my right.

This repeated until he got bored "just fucking move" he said as he firmly pushed me away so he could get past.

"Why are you so angry?"

"Because you were in my way." He answered bluntly,

"That can't be the only reason."

"Well it is."

"If you say so," I said, annoyed at his obvious lie.

"What's that supposed to mean?" His tone got angrier.

"I just don't believe you..."

"I'm angry because apparently you're a fucking slut now."

"You literally fucked Maya last night though"

"That's different."

"How is it different?" 

"It just is."

"Wow, ok."

Mattheo rolled his eyes then walked away.

He muttered some things under his breath, but I couldn't make out what they were.

I knocked on the changing room door.

"Come in," Finn's voice said.

He sounded out of breath, he had obviously just finished practice though so I'm not sure what I expected.

I opened the door and turned cautiously around the corner.

Finn was stood, a towel wrapped around his waist, shirtless, his hair damp from the shower.

I stood in silence, trying to secretly check him out.

"You like what you see?"

My mouth opened but no words came out.

"Take that as a yes."

After a few more seconds I zoned back in, remembering why I was there in the first place.

"Oh yeah, you left you ring outside my door. Must've dropped it by accident when you left."

"Yeah 'by accident' " he laughed to himself quietly.

He wanted me to have to give it back to him?

"I'm sorry I didn't know you had practice, I would have come to watch."

"Don't worry about it, I didn't do very well anyway..." he said, disappointed in himself.

"I'm sure you did amazing."

I handed him his ring back.

"What are you doing later Bella?"

"Absolutely nothing."

"Well, I'm not doing anything either, and I heard about this star thingy. We could go see it on the astronomy tower."

I thought about it for a bit, realising I hadn't said anything.

"If, of course, you want to..." he sounded a bit nervous as a result of my lack of communication.

"I'd love to."

"I'll see you at there."

We smiled at each other, before I turned and left.

                                        •••

My head was scrambled.

I had run into Bella, and the feelings I thought were gone all came rushing back.

It made me so angry.

Why couldn't I forget her?

If she was any other girl she would be gone by now.

And, on top of that, Maya is honestly one of the most annoying people I think I've ever met.

She's good at sex, but that's about it.

Bella can do it all, and I always enjoy my time with her.

I've seen her around with some other guy who couldn't be anymore of a try hard.

I know Bella still thinks of me.

She has to.

If I'm doing it, surely she is too?

The things we said to each other on good terms meant to much to be worthless now.

I don't know why, but I need to see her more.

My father would be beyond disappointed now.

He gave me one goal: get through to Bella, then kill her and her brother.

He's had a grudge against the diggorys for a while, but I've never really been sure why.

I was fine with this, but once I met her, I knew it would be hard.

It still hasn't gotten any easier.

                                         •••